So appauled! Why do some breeders do this!!!arh!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We would like to keep this thread open so PLEASE do not post the website address.

Thank you -

The Moderating Team

We would like to keep this thread open so PLEASE do not post the website address.
Thank you -

The Moderating Team
Dear Mods,

I respect your request, but disagree wholeheartedly. This website is advertising their horses for sale - both on their website and on MAJOR equine sale lists also on the internet. It's public information. No password needed, no hacking required. Just click and you're there. I believe we are contributing to sweeping this type of thing under the rug by not being able to post this public information. Heck, this isn't even about opinion. The website states, and I quote "purebred" dwarf! Please!
default_frusty.gif

The website address can be shared via PM - but what will happen then? Are some going to contact these people to lecture them? I am not sure what good that would do - they seem to be getting out of minis.

I am also not sure why said stallion's pedigree is such a surprise - Komoko, Dell Tera and Bond lines all have had dwarf influence... and as those lines are prevalent in a large percentage of mini pedigrees there is not much of a surprise factor there.

JMO - but the way some are advocating for Lists of known producers to be shared and or posted may smack of a bit of a witch hunt scenario to some and may only drive the whole subject deeper underground again in many cases. We need a better understanding of how the genetics work. Responsible breeders who suddenly have a dwarf appear from a pairing that has not produced one before should not repeat that pairing... that goes without saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.lilbeginnings.com/forum/et/

ADVERTISING/SOLICITATION - Posting for the sake of advertising is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, transportation posts, and wanted posts. Posts directing LB traffic to other online auctions, sale boards. forums, and/or interactive Miniature horse sites without permission/agreement will also be removed. Second offence of this violation may result in being banned from further use of the LB Miniature Horse Forums/Sale Boards/LB-LC Auction and other public places on the LilBeginnings.com web.

If you have further questions, please feel free to PM us.

Liz R.

Most times it is just about the money.The general public(very uneducated about dwarism)in most cases think a Mini dwarf is just sooo cute and wants 1 for the kids to play with.these same people get conned into paying more for a dwarf than a normal, healthy foal.they are not educated about the special needs and often very expensive vet bills that come with these little guys.I visited Bond Farm many years ago and Mr.Bond himself told me that the 3 very grotesque Mini dwarf stallions in the breeding barn were there for kids to play with.(GUESS MY BLONDE HAIR MADE HIM THINK I WAS THE TYPICAL DUMB BLONDE FROM JOKES.WRONG!!!)that was 1 of my first experiences with dwarves.I still say it is all about the money.We have a problem and I'm not sure it can be solved anytime soon, but we can start by educating people and avoiding known crosses that produce dwarism until genetic testing is available.

Hi everyone..I was reading what you guys wrote and would someone be willing to email me this persons website so I dont buy from them..I'm looking to buy another stallion and mare and hope she isnt one I have emailed...Thanks Irene

You can email me at [email protected]

Windwalker Miniatures

www.freewebs.com/kolorspots

Latest posts

Back