Sneezing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walt's Fault

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Yazhi has been sneezing for 3 days now. He will sneez a few times here and there but it has been about every 30 minutes. 4 vets said it will be weeks to come check him. No running nose, apatite and stool are normal, lots of energy. No change in diet.

I looked up his nose and and it was clear. I think it was pollen. It has been raining the last few days and he stopped sneezing. They are all on a prepaid wellness plan and we 2 vets on call and a contact with the University of Florida large animal hospital but unless they fell it is an emergency they just don't have time. In the last 4 years we have had 7 vets retire, 1 pass away, 1 quit due to family issues and 1 move away. So maybe we should just put them all down because no one will come out at a moments notice? It's so bad that at 55 years old I am starting veterinary school bu that is years away.

I'm glad to hear he is feeling better. We are short of vets in my area too. It is already stressful enough when our horses are sick and then not be able to fine a vet to come out is terrible.

I'm glad Yazi is feeling better as well! It's so frustrating when you don't have the support access when you need it. Have you had the opportunity to take an equine first-aid course?

Latest posts

Back