Small bits

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could find a 2 3/4" bit. I was hoping to start ground driving my colt this fall but am having trouble finding a bit that is small enough as his mouth measures just a little bit under 2 3/4", and I have asked around a little and no one I have talked to yet was sure where to get one for sure.

Thanks,

Steph

I've never seen anything smaller than 3.5".
default_smile.png
You should take a picture of that bit (if you can find it) next to a full sized bit
default_smile.png
That's be neat, lol.

We use the 3" bits there fairly easy to find but if you do find a source for the 2 3/4 please post where.

Ya, the smallest I can find is 3" so far. My friends and I were joking around and said I could use a key chain if I could find one that would fit, and jokingly measured one and it was 2 1/4".. lol.

Steph, have you asked Michelle about this? She's ground driving her colt, and he's not much different in size than yours.

No I haven't.. I'll have to ask her when I see her this weekend.

what would happen if you got a 3" bit and put bit guards that they use on big horses? Would it make it a fit for your little guy? If you get bit guards, they have smooth foam ones that work nice. (Ive used them for pinching before I found the right bit)

I saw a super tiny eggbutt snaffle at I think it was Champion Saddlery in Richmond, VA. They said people buy them for belts. Really nice people. They had a lot of english stuff, and mini stuff as well as the western. Not sure if that helps or not I can call my Father-in-law for the exact name of it, he works on the same street as the tack shop. I'm pretty sure it was Champion Saddlery though.

Karen

Latest posts

Back