Sleepless Night ..

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Here i sit with it nearing 2:30 in the morning, my normal bed time is 11pm. These past two night it has been nearly impossible to fall asleep, im tired but not tired at the same time. Normaly i would take a little nyquil and that normally puts me into a 'coma'
default_rolleyes.gif
:. I dont know what has been up though. I think its a little to do with stress and anxiety. Next week is our fair, horses pull in monday and we are there until next sunday. Tomarow morning my friends and i are going over to set up our stalls and stop at bob evans for breakfast, stop at TSC, Wal Mart. Then have to come home and do a couple more body clips tommarow night before we leave monday morning. I think its because this is the first show i have taken 6 to, normally i only take 2-3. I get like this before other shows as well, normally the night before.

So have to be up at 7am, got 4hrs of sleep last night and maybe 3.5-4 the night before, Im considering picking up some sleeping pills to get me through the week. Today i did 3 body clips, completely cleaned the barn, did hay, washed buckets, did halter work with all 6 horses for review and jumped two ..i should be out by now. So tired but just want to go go go go and do more.

What works for you to get you to sleep? Im a little drowsy so forgive any spelling mistakes.

Anyone use sleeping pills? What brands work for you?

I think im just going to go put in a dvd and waiste the rest of my night, just nap tommarow after we get back from the fairground barns.

*yawn* :saludando:

Hey Leanna,

I have this problem alot I must say. I am pregnant though so my situation is alil different. I can't take sleeping pills from what I know of. But my doctor said to take Benadryl. I know alot of people who take it to sleep since some sleeping pills make you sleep forever. Try the regular lil pink Benadryl. Before I got pregnant I was taking just Tylenol PM. Worked for me too. But I know I am like a insomniac and I think I could go for days. My body still wants to up and go all the time but my brain says no dont do that...SLEEP. So I have to say try that. Seems to work for me. Well I hope this works for you. Have fun at the fair BTW

Kourtney

Melatonin helps me sleep and stay asleep, but doesn't leave me groggy like sleeping pills (or Nyquil) do.

Also, this probably sounds corny but it works for me, I say my prayers and really do think of / list the things I am thankful for. If that doesn't put me to sleep, then I imagine it's snowing and I'm in my house in my cozy bed. That will usually do it for me.

PS avoid anything with caffiene after 3pm or so, too
default_smile.png

I take a store brand of simply sleep, but I only take 1 pill, if I take 2 like it says I get very groggy......

Oh, another thing H and I sleep with for more than a decade is a sound machine. We turn it on "white noise" before we go to sleep and it also helps. It was less than $35 and the one we have now, we have had for several years.

Yoga, warm bath, cup of hot tea (decaf), white noise or one of those cd's with waves and peaceful music.

Jan

Sound machine, melatonin, sleepy time tea, warm bath....if that does not work then Xanax for anxiety (which is mostly the cause of my sleepless nights) BUT I first try the non-prescription ways to get to sleep...Good Luck! Pam Kent

Latest posts

Back