Six New Negative For Splashed White Test Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Reaction score
Van Los Angel In Calico

Jet Black Calico Frame Sabino Overo Pinto, Right Eye Blue.

Angel has tested positive for the Frame (LWO), as well as the Sabino (SB1) overo genes, and negative for the tobiano, and silver genes.

UCD VGL Test Result: Negative for the SW-1, SW-2 SW-3 genes.

angel1.jpg

**************************************************************************************************************************

BW Rockys Madame Butterfly

Jet Black Tobiano Pinto, with partial right Blue Eye.

Butterfly has been tested and is heterozygous for Tobiano pinto (Tt); and negative for the Frame (LWO), and the Sabino (SB1) genes.

butterfly2.jpg

*****************************************************************************************************************************

MCDS Evette

Silver Bay Frame Sabino Overo Pinto, with Blue Eyes. Homozygous for Red.

Evette has been tested and is a Bay (Aa) color, positive for the Frame (LWO), Silver (nZ), Sabino (SB1), and homozygous for Red (ee). She tested negative for the Tobiano and Grey genes.

evette1.jpg

***************************************************************************************************************************

Pacific Lakota Stars

Jet Black Homozygous Tobiano Pinto, partial Blue Eyes.

Lakota has been tested and is Homozygous for Tobiano (TT). She is negative for the Frame (LWO) gene.

lakota2.jpg

****************************************************************************************************************************

Sheza LTDS Lucky Charm

Bay Frame Sabino Overo Pinto, Left Eye Blue. Homozygous for Black.

She has been genetically tested and is a Bay, Frame (LWO), Sabino (SB1), and is Homozygous for Black. She has tested negative for the Silver gene.

lucky1.jpg

***************************************************************************************************************************

Me-He Midnight Rose

Black Bay Homozygous for Tobiano Pinto, with Blue Eyes.

Rose has been tested and is a Bay, Homozygous for Tobiano (TT) Pinto.She is negative for the Frame (LWO), and Sabino (SB1) Overo Pinto genes.

mehe1.jpg

**************************************************************************************************************************

MCDS Evette

Silver Bay Frame Sabino Overo Pinto, with Blue Eyes. Homozygous for Red.

Evette has been tested and is a Bay (Aa) color, positive for the Frame (LWO), Silver (nZ), Sabino (SB1), and homozygous for Red (ee). She tested negative for the Tobiano and Grey genes.

evette1.jpg
If she tested ee (homozygous for red), then she is sorrel that carries the silver and agouti genes, she is not silver bay. Bay and silver only act on black, she is not black based (EE or Ee), so she just carries these genes (and can pass them on to her foals). She's lovely.

So this adds three more that have blue eyes (or partial blues eyes) and test negative for both frame and splash?? Very interesting! Are any of these related to Rowdy as the one in your first batch of tests was?

And I was going to make the same comment as Chandab about Evette.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!! Joanne!!!! the first one suprizes me that she does not carry tobiano!!! but i guress the florets on her side are frame???? i know that frame has them, i always thought she was tobiano sabino! boy was i wrong!LOL!!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
Anyway i love her color.

I would have thought the second one carried some sort of splash, but maybe that is a sabino markings on her face??

I have learned something new, thank you for posting!

Do the blue eyed LWO negative/SW negative individuals in this group share any common ancestry with each other?

No Lewella, these horses are remarkably diverse in their pedigrees.

We actually look for a wide range of genetic diversity in our breeding stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for sharing these results! The diversity in the negative horses is really interesting.

Latest posts

Back