Six creative ways to say, I love you

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandmaC

Reaction score
This morning I came across a yahoo news thing titled

Six creative ways to say, I love you

and though, hmmmm we need to come up with our own Mini folks version
aktion033.gif

I know it may be silly but sometimes silly is fun.

Here is the yahoo version

http://yahoo.match.c...=sessiontimeout

Now here is my version, what would yours be?

1) Buy your loved one a new Mini

2) Surprise your loved one by cleaning the barn one day when he or she is away SURPRISE!!!!!

3) Have either a cup of coffee, tea or a stiff drink awaiting them if your loved one has been in and out all evening checking on an ill or pregnant mini

4) Instead of scowling your mate got yet
rolleyes.gif
another Mini have a nice celebration dinner waiting for them

5) Instead of flowers or candy surprise your mate with a new poop scooper, new halter or something similar.

6) If your mate has been out in the cold all night tending to a delivering mare, when all is said and done welcome them inside with

an awaiting hot bubble bath.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a husband who,let's just say, does not enjoy animals like I do nor does he quite understand WHY I like them. However...because he loves me he:

1. helps me put up and repair fencing on his days off,

2. helps me seed and maintain our 3 acre pasture,

3. will move/ haul hay bales,

4. watches the kids (two legged ones) so I can have mini and goat time,

5. bangs nails into our old barn in an effort to keep it standing,

6. can be talked into getting one more mini/goat/dog/cat.

Granted, I do a lot for him, but when he takes his time to help me do what I enjoy I know he loves me.
default_wub.png

ErikaS. said:
I have a husband who,let's just say, does not enjoy animals like I do nor does he quite understand WHY I like them. However...because he loves me he:1. helps me put up and repair fencing on his days off,

2. helps me seed and maintain our 3 acre pasture,

3. will move/ haul hay bales,

4. watches the kids (two legged ones) so I can have mini and goat time,

5. bangs nails into our old barn in an effort to keep it standing,

6. can be talked into getting one more mini/goat/dog/cat.

Granted, I do a lot for him, but when he takes his time to help me do what I enjoy I know he loves me.
default_wub.png
I wish there was a "like" button for this!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif
What a great guy.

Some things the guys in my life (father and significant other) have done that make me melt are offering to come over and walk the minis together (knowing I have a hard time walking both by myself in the winter), helping me wire the barn for heated buckets, Dad building me a carriage shed, letting the horses out in the middle of his day off without being asked because he knows I worry over how long they stay cooped up when I'm working, dropping whatever they're doing to come help me with something silly and horse-related like taking pictures or loading a cart in the trailer or whatever...the list goes on. Anything that shows they care about what I care about (even if it's only BECAUSE I care about it) is such a sign of love!

Dad's gonna kill me for mentioning this, but that man permanently tore a bicep rescuing my big horse from a terrible situation a few years ago. He is a hero in my eyes! My SO kept that same horse from feeling lonely and left out in his old age, always taking him for walks with me and the much more lively minis and meandering along at Spyder's pace just spending time with the old man. He was the only person Spyder was as happy to be with as he was with me and my SO knows how much it means to me that he did that.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
While the minis are mine I can say my husband shows his love for me and them in numerous ways:

1. In 2007 when I said I was "getting a mini for Christmas" gave me $$$$ to help with the purchase.
default_wub.png
default_cheekkiss.gif

2. Bought me a few miniature horse owner books and equine veterinary books.
default_wub.png
default_laugh.png

3. Caved in to me getting 3 mares delivered instead of just the 1 he had agreed to.
default_wub.png
default_mlala.gif

4. Built stalls, corrall, put a new roof on the barn, built a shelter, built a stallion run, built a run in shed.
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

5. Goes with me to purchase hay. Loads the bales into the trailer and then into the barn.
default_wub.png
default_wink.png

6. Picks up bags of horse feed at the store on his way home from work. Also lifts them into the big metal trash cans for me.Also picks up the horse meds at the vet when I ask.
default_wub.png
default_hypocrite.gif

7. Hauled the first prego mini in HIS CAR to get an emergency c-section. Made the trip with me to A & M the next year when a filly was born with birth defect. Gave me a shoulder to cry on during the grief and worry.
default_wub.png
default_crybaby.gif

8. Celebrated life with me when the farm's first farm bred and farm born healthy foal arrived all the while sleeping with walkie talkie on pillow in case I wanted help. Brought me a sleeping bag to camp out in while I awaited the big moment.
default_wub.png
default_risa8.gif

9. Puts the coffee on at night to auto brew so I have early a.m. coffee while I feed. Reads my notes to unstall this one and that one, turn out so and so...who was still eating when I had to leave for work....
default_wub.png
:arg!

10. And tells me "that sounds like a great name" when I am brainstorming for foal names.
default_wub.png
default_thumbup.gif

Believe me, my husband does more for me with the horses than I can ever imagine he would have. I love him for it and he's worth every house chore & cooking I do for him. 

1. He comes out early in the morning and late at night when the horses need feeding, stall cleaning, turning out & bringing in of horses and all the basic chores even though he works 12 hour shifts
  2. Knows the best gifts for me are always horse related 
  3. Helps me stick to my farm goals even when I tend to "stray off the path" and helps me refocus
  4. He wants me to excell with my farm and he too, dreams of attending and placing top 10 in a National's class with a homebred foal
  5. Takes his precious days off to help transport horses, train horses, etc. 
  6. Got me a whole new foaling camera system that is perfect for our barn - even when I didn't ask for it!
  7. Helps me with the pregnant mares and is ALWAYS there for EVERY birth whether I need help or not (and then steals the foal and both me and the mama are fighting for it LOL)
  8. Most importantly, he warms me up when we got to bed right after feeding at night with a fresh set of pj's straight from the dryer

Latest posts

Back