sick horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Real Redneck

Reaction score
Ok I have this mare that is acting like collic, but she has been eating, drinking lots of water & has been regular. I am really annoyed with this whole thing. last thursday we took her in to the vet & he ran a fecal on her & found no worms or anything strange.

She is about 6 years old & has not had any health problems at all.

if anyone has anything please help me I don't know what to do.

And to make matters woese I can't get ahold of any vets.

Havent any real clue, just wondering if you have run some sandclear through her? Colic is just a symptom, not a cause, so maybe she has a tiny impaction or slow spot? Hope you figure it out!

Not sure and I am not a Vet. But wondering is she in Heat? could she be crampy, have a couple

mares in our barn that get a little crampy during their heat cycle. I give them a small dose of

banamine and seems to be okay. But I do watch them.

Also could it be an ulcer? What is she doing?

Wishing you the best

Vicky

If nothing else, just give her some Pepto or something like it. It won't hurt and might help her stomach if it is bothering her. I'd have the Vet check for ulcers if/when you get him there.

Hey all.

We have a thought that maybe I changed her over to a feed with to high vitamins & minirals so I am going to change her back tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed.

I am doesing her with caster oil twice daily that heals the ulsers if there are any.

Thank you all so much for your quick reposts.

God Bless

Sara

We have a thought that maybe I changed her over to a feed with to high vitamins & minirals so I am going to change her back tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed.
It could be her feed or the diet change. If you are changing a horses feed you have to do it slowly. It takes time. That could be the problem if it was switched to suddenly.

Best of luck.

dee

Latest posts

Back