Shows in the northeast

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHF Fancy

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction to get a list of all of the mini shows in the New England area? I've checked out the NEMHS calendar but since my horses isn't registered(still working on that) I can't show in their shows.

Thanks.

Where do you live in the Northeast?

The Tiny Hooves Club in Maine has mini shows

that don't require reg. www.tinyhooves.com

The Maine Miniature Horse Club reguires reg.

includes world class reg.

www.maineminiaturehorseclub.com

Good luck!

Cathy

The Colonial Miniature Horse Club (www.cmhclub.com) has shows in your area and I don't believe they require registration. The shows are lots of fun, and there are classes for A and B size minis. Also, if you get that pretty girl registered with Pinto, there are 4 shows in CT (www.neptha.com) that would not be too far for you. I think everyone who goes to those shows has to drive about 2 hours- even from within CT! Those shows are also lots of fun and you get national points. Both Clubs offer year end awards too. Both groups have lots of people who show in performance.

There is also Maple E in New England. We will be having a rated AMHR show but also plan some club events too. You could contact either myself or Diana on the forum. Linda

If your minis are going to be registered with AMHA, there is the Northeast Miniature Horse Club and the New England Miniature HOrse Society both with shows duing the summer season.

Joyce

The Northeast Miniature Horse Club has a bevvy of activities in the New Hampshire area, including a clinic with the great Mike McCabe that will cover conditioning and prepping your horse to show, nutrition, -- and even private, one-hour driving lessons that can be audited.

We also have a "clinic" with Bonnie Fogg, Animal Communicator, who will do readings on your horses and pets, and 2 shows.

I'm pasting some information below.

While your horse would have to be registered to show with us, that would not be a requirement for our clinics. I encourage you to join us = we're a fun, friendly group!

Show/Clinic schedule:

January 20th, Bonnie Fogg of Kindred Spirits (Bonnie is an internationally known animal communicator) will be at Cindy Moses’ farm in Bow, NH to do readings of any animals. This is a fundraiser for the Club, and Bonnie is donating a good portion of her time. There will be a reduced rate for readings, or you may simply ‘audit’ and be entertained. It will be pot luck. More info to come.

April 12 and 13 – AMHA Spring Amateur Clinic with Mike McCabe at the Carriage Barn, Newton, NH. Mike is a very talented and credentialed Trainer, Breeder, and Judge, and was so popular at our Driving Clinic last year, that we have asked him back, and have expanded our very successful Amateur Clinic to two days in order to offer private driving lessons with Mike all in the same weekend! Details on the weekend will follow, but if you are interested in a private lesson with Mike on Sunday, April 13, we are already booking them, so please contact Dru Crowell at [email protected] .

On Saturday, Mike will offer ‘all you ever wanted to know’ about choosing, feeding, conditioning, training, grooming and presenting a Miniature show horse. Other speakers and topics are in the planning stages as well.

May 24 and 25 – 4th Annual Northeast Spring Invitational Miniature Horse Show, The Carriage Barn, Newton, NH to benefit the Carriage Barn Therapeutic riding/driving program and the New Hampshire Animal Rescue League. This year we are expanding to two, 2 judge shows – one on each day, and each with one 2008 World Show judge. We are fortunate to have already contracted with Sami Scheuring from CA for Saturday, and Stephen Nicholson from IN for Sunday, along with two popular local judges Lorraine Mavrogeorge and Steve Lampson (a 2006 World Show judge). Stalls will be available, and you will also be able to show out of your trailer should you choose to attend only one day, or to ‘commute’. We are very excited about this landmark event for NMHC!

July 19 and 20 – 2nd Annual Northeast Summer Invitational Miniature Horse Show to be held at the Bristol County Agricultural High School, Dighton, MA, to benefit the BCAH FFA Chapter. This will also be a 2 day, 4 judge show, with two 2008 World Show judges, and stalls available. We will update you as soon as plans firm up.

Hope you can join us, Fancy!

Here is the address for the club's website:

www.northeastminis.org.

NbarH Riding Club offers miniature shows on the 3rd Saturdays of May thru August plus fun shows in April and October. We will also be having a spring clinic in April. We are located in Barrington NH and you can PM me for more information.

Would NY be too far to travel for you?

I had previously posted about my mare and the trouble I'm having getting her original registration paperwork from her old owner. Right now she is not registered with the AMHA but I'm really trying to get her papers and I hope to have the resolved in the next few weeks. I will plan on the worst case scenario though and try to find shows where AMHA registration is not required.

I currently train at the Carriage Barn and knew of the upcoming mini weekend but didn't have all of the details so thanks for that. I will definitely attend all of the clinics about fitting and showing.

NY may be a bit of a distance to travel depending on where the shows are held. I cam make it to Rochester in about 4 hours.

Thanks everyone.

I would suggest the N bar H shows they are close and a lot of fun. I live about 15 minutes from the Carriage Barn and do the feet on Joe and Magic there. You are more than welcome to come visit the crew here. We drive and show at all levels. Linda B

I second and third and fourth support for the N Bar H shows. The classes are very inexpensive, between $6-$8 a class depending on weather you are a member and if you pre-enter or not. It's a really great group of people. The shows are laid back and welcoming enough for the beginner but offer decent competition for those who are a bit more serious. We offer a huge variety of classes, there is something for everyone. We are also a series, so you can collect points and work towards earning year-end championships. Here is our website: www.nbarh.org Follow the links for general information and you can find information specific to the mini shows under the "Miniture" link. There you will find a class list. It is not yet listed, but we have booked Lorraine Mavrogeorge to judge our June show and Steve Lampson to judge our July show. Both are experienced mini judges. They have judged for us before and have been great.

Does anyone know of any other shows in the New England area? For registered or unregistered minis?

I'm having trouble finding any in the Rhode Island, Massachusetts, or even Connecticut area.

that's because there aren't many... i don't know about "local" shows as i'm sure there are you just have to know where/whens but as far as AMHR show's there is only the Maple E show in NH and then you have to travel to NY and sometimes Delaware for the rest.

AMHA usually has several show's. I know they tend to have alot in RI, i know they have at least one in NH. you'd have to look at the AMHA web page for sanctioned shows with them and AMHR web page for their sanctioned shows. those of us that live in New England (i live far up in maine) are just SOL as far as having to travel for show's!! really stinks.

Hillary is right that is why Maple E was started. You can show in open shows if the horse is reg world class though.

I almost forgot that the CT Horse Show Association (CHSA) may be offering 4 mini/pony carriage driving classes at their shows in 2008. They offered them at their Sept 30, 2007 on a trial basis and allowed rubber wheeled carts. I don't think they require registration; they certainly don't for riding horses. More info eventually on their website http://www.chsaonline.com.

There is also a whole series of shows in central MA that I don't think requires registration. www.cmhss.net. I haven't been to one in awhile but they were fun and low-key with year end awards.

Also, if there aren't mini shows in your area, but there are other horse shows, don't be afraid to speak to the show manager and request that they add classes for minis!

Mary as for Colonial Miniature you do have to have your horse registed but it just has to be a recognized club like AMHA, AMHR, or the World Class. Even though their shows are rated with anyone affiliation and just club show they have to have papers. Check your by-laws or show rules.

Maple E will be holding a AMHR rated show on May 24 -25 at the Cheshire fairgrounds. I'm working on updating the club website at Maple E Miniature Horse Society

Millstone did a great job outlining our 2008 Northeast Miniature Horse Club activities.

Just wanted to add that EVERYONE is welcome at our April 12 and 13th Clinic. You don't need to be a club member, or even a horse owner to attend. If you attended last year, you know what a great time it is, with more to learn than can possibly be absorbed, and the best gourmet potluck lunch in the realm!

The club website is being updated, and will have more details as we firm things up. We will also send out a Clinic email in early March to all members, everyone who attended last year, and anyone else who requests information. We are very fortunate this year to have the use of the wonderful facilities at the Carriage Barn, and we deliberately kept the clinic 'close' to our friends in Maine. We know how far you folks have to travel to anything 'mini'.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me ( [email protected] ) or any of our Executive Board whose contact info is on the website. www.northeastminis.org

Hope to see you all in April. You won't be disappointed!

And welcome to the Miniature Horse community, PHF Fancy.
default_smile.png

Cindy

Welcome PHF Fancy!! I am sorry to hear how difficult it has been for you to get your little sweetie registered. I will tell you that once it's done you'll never regret it. It will open up so many wonderful options for showing. Being the the southern NH area myself I have found that there are many options depending on what your intrest is. Many of them have been posted for you here.

The Clinic weekend for Northeast Miniature Horse Club would be a great way to meet so many wonderful people from all over New England and get some more ideas as to where some great shows are. The Clinic is shaping up to be just amazing-- one not to be missed!! Hope to get a chance to meet you there.

Latest posts

Back