Showmanship

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Celtic Hill Farm

Reaction score
i'm in a 4-H group. and i want to show my donkeys at the 4-H fair this year. My leader said they could get the show to have donkey classes. But i decided that it wouldn't be that fun because there is like 3 donkeys totall. so i decided i would go intot he showmanship class. Wich shouldn't be an issue. because it's not on the Horse/pony/donkey's confermation and looks its on how you present it, and how well it's cleaned...ect... So i want my donkeys to be as prepared for this as they can be. i plan on working wtih them every day from now till the show, atleast as much as i can. i want to beable to hold my own in the ring, i really want to do well. so what can i do with them? what should i work on? Any one have any advice on training them?

---

I have alot of experience with showmanship, the barn that i used to ride at did alot with it. They had alot of awsome AQH showmanship horses that knew what they were doing. I also have been to a clinic with a AQHA, ABHA, APHA (a bunch of stock horse Asso.) carded judge for showmanship. So i know what i'm doing... It's just i have never really had to train one. Like my donkey Spins, backs, but were having trouble troting... i think she just needs more time.

Latest posts

Back