Showing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJDustyDawn

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and I'm so glad I stumbled across it. I'm a newbie to minis and plan to bring my first one home in June. I'm debating on whether or not to show my little man. I've shown regular sized horses but I'm a virgin to showing minis. Could some of you give me some pointers and what I should expect? Any additional feed back will be greatly appreciated. Here's a picture of my lil man.
gallery_35208_10_20594.jpg

Are you wanting to show him as a weanling? Or are you looking to start showing him next year as a yearling?

There are a lot of good informational threads here if you read all the questions on showing, and be sure to visit the "Best Of" forum...

Good luck,

Andrea

Welcome to the forum and the world of minis. Your boy is cute!! I am not sure I would recommend showing a weanling but people do it. Is there a club in your area? What type of shows are you thinking about - open, fun shows, or AMHA, AMHR, Pinto??? There are all kinds, so you can get a good start by finding out where the shows are and what the rules are. Try to get to a few shows, meet the people and learn the ropes. And most of all, have fun!

From one newbie to another...welcome. I've been learning a lot about showing by reading and participating in the forums. My boy, Shake, arrived here about a month ago and we are looking forward to our first show in July. The people on this forum have been really helpful in answering all of my newbie questions. I hope you find this as nice a place to visit as I do.
default_smile.png

I would check and see if there are any shows in your area and go watch them. You can also talk to a lot of the people at the shows that should be more than willing to help you out. Good Luck and welcome to the group.

Latest posts

Back