Showing Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbit Horse Shire

Reaction score
Where does everyone get their beautiful show jackets from? I've found a couple of sites on the Internet but the prices are VERY high for a beginner .. Any suggestions on where to find more affordable show jackets? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Carol :bgrin

I get most if not all of mine from eBay! A lot of times they are part of a skirt suit and they do double duty for me -- office and shows (with dry cleaning in between for sure!). I rarely pay more than $30, including shipping, and they are all name brand, higher end, designers. I rarely look in the equestrian section, but in the women's outfits category.

Jill

Going to local thrift shops is a good idea as well I know several people that have gotten them for less then 10 bucks

Department stores!!! I have found simple jackets and embellished them myself. Last year I bought a light green jacket at Cato's for 6 bucks and added rhinestones from Hobby Lobby. I made it for my mom to wear to a futurity and she got tons of compliments on it. Another shirt of mine came from Steinmart for $15 and I added some beading to it. If you want pictures let me know. I can't post pics here, but I can email them if someone else would post them for me.

I would have to say that my best show clothes and cheapest ones came from department stores or Good Will!

I've gotten some on Ebay. Hobby Horse(www.hobbyhorseinc.com) I think also has more reasonable show clothes than some of the designer sites. I have a hard time with finding things in my size. I find I have to go up a size. So, normally I would wear an XL or 1X, with show clothes I have to go 2X....and they're harder to find! I was delighted at my last show when one vendor(Winchester Tack) had plus sizes.....and beautiful stuff! I went a little crazy.
default_wacko.png
:

Mine certainly aren't fancy, but I got them on clearance at Walmart!

chiantishow10closer.jpg

(I don't have a photo of my other one b/c I don't wear it often... it's a light blue, and I dont' have many shirts that go with it!)

Jessi

Where does everyone get their beautiful show jackets from? I've found a couple of sites on the Internet but the prices are VERY high for a beginner .. Any suggestions on where to find more affordable show jackets? Thanks.
Thanks everyone for the good ideas .. I just couldn't image people paying $2,500 for a jacket .. Grant it they were beautiful but you'd have to win a lot of Blue Ribbons to pay that one off!!!!

I have done all of the above, thrift store, Goodwill, Ebay, sales racks. Then recently bought one of those thingeys that attach fake gems and my daughter is working on fixing both jackets and tops. Oh my daughter is the one that shows the most. Now last year at AMHA World I did buy her a very nice formal style jacket, a bit longer than I usually get, but it was half price, still expensive, but she needed it to show at night.

Its the same way with pants, Goodwill usually have some great deals. As for tops under those jackets, she usually wears tank tops because its cooler in the summer months and in the ring. Plus for a smaller price she can wear alot of different colors that way.

Most of mine are from eBay too! We also hit the local TJMax sometimes and get plainer jackets and my mom glitters 'em up right away! :bgrin

I too buy my jackets off of EBAY and shop the goodwill...Clearance racks are wonderful too. ....I would love to learn how to design my own hehe.....One day...I look around at yard sales too...Im such a goof when its comes to bargains
default_smile.png

If you want pictures let me know. I can't post pics here, but I can email them if someone else would post them for me.
I would have to say that my best show clothes and cheapest ones came from department stores or Good Will!

Hi Steph ..

Thanks for the suggestions .. If you could send some pictures that would be great!! I would be glad to post them for you but I don't know where you are supposed to post pictures .. This is the only place I know .. Thanks!!

Carol P.

Hobbit Horse Shire Miniatures

http://hobbithorseshire.com/db3/00263/hobb...ages/Intro2.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]EBAY EBAY EBAY!!! :bgrin I've gotten all my jackets from there and several are beautiful Hobby Horse jackets which cost a fortune and I got them for 25-30 dollars. You just have to be patient. Search over the winter when you aren't showing to set up for next year
default_yes.gif
: I wear 1X and they are not always easy to find but I have a awesome wardrobe for very little. Believe me, it's worth looking into :aktion033: [/SIZE]

Happy Shopping!

Joy

default_rolleyes.gif
: In my circle of show folks, I am known as the "thrift store queen". I do all my shopping at Goodwills, thriftstores and garage sales.......good bargains and if you can't get the black hoof polish off your jacket...just throw it away!!!

Happy shopping~~~~~~~~~~

Peggy

Latest posts

Back