Show us your horses with Arenosa bloodlines

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob I just love that mare...I can't wait to see what she produces this year!

I have to say having a few "Kewpie" shetlands way back when I've always liked them and lurk and peek to find one. Of course the one I really wanted is not for sale (Gee thanks Getitia!!!!!!!) I love that red colt STILL!!!

And ROB ROB ROB, everytime I am on your site I drool over that mare...darn I wish we could still breed moderns, man o man she is something else!!!!!

Kim

As msot of you know, my one and only is by Flying W Farms Charro of Arenosa by Kewpies Topper. Can't post pics right now, I am at the library.

Wow, Shasta, is that Pepito son for sale? He is cute! If you have the dad, you won't need the son now will you??? HeeHee!

We love Arenosas here.

nationals.jpg

Here is another 50% Arenosa colt bred at Buckeye WCF Farms and shown by HHP Training. I find my Arenosas are often more spirited and pretty movers
:new_shocked:
default_wub.png
: Im in LOVE!

Hello,

I dont know much about arenosa horses but is Rowdy considered Arenosa bloodlines becaus they say that the horses are from Kewpie Sun Oracle????

And that is suposed to be Rowdys sire?

Barb

Hi, I am kind of new to the forum and new to minis, but I have to say these are BEAUTIFUL horses! I am now on a quest to know more about this line. I will be watching the forum for any more information that I can find. Thank you for posting the great pictures of these guys!

Bev

Hello,

I dont know much about arenosa horses but is Rowdy considered Arenosa bloodlines becaus they say that the horses are from Kewpie Sun Oracle????

And that is suposed to be Rowdys sire?

Barb
Rowdy is considered "Kewpie", but not Arenosa. He did come from the same general background as the Arenosa, though.

The best way to try to explain is -- if you had a horse with Gold Melody Boy in its pedigree, you couldn't say it was from the Buckeroo line, although your horse does still have the same background as Buckeroo.

MA

[

Rowdy is considered "Kewpie", but not Arenosa. He did come from the same general background as the Arenosa, though.

MA
I am very curious and have been for some time about this . Why would it NOT be the same, when Rowdy was sired by Kewpie's Sun who was sired by Kewpie Dolls Oracle?? As Kewpie Dolls Oracle is who you will find in Tons of the Arenosa horses pedigree as the sire to many of Audrey Barretts horses that she put Arenosa whatever on . So to me , actually yes Rowdy line the same thing..

Just my thoughts
default_wacko.png
:

Belinda

You have a point. But my understanding is this. The horses considered ARENOSA are those which came from Topper and Diablo. The two sons that Audrey used herself.

I also see your point, Belinda. And Larry thinks of Rowdy as sort of being 25% Arenosa because of that. But a lot of Arenosa breeders are very picky with what they consider "true Arenosa".
default_unsure.png
:

MA

I too understand the thinking about the different lines.

However this is how I feel and I think that most die hard Arenosa lovers feel this way. The rest of you feel free to correct me if I am speaking out of line for you.

Arenosa was a farm name. Horses bred by Audrey Barrett recieved the suffix "of Arenosa". Although their are many many horses/ponies out there that are related to horses bred by Mrs Barrett they were not born on her farm and dubbed "of Arenosa".

I have a lot of respect for Mrs Barrett and her ability to successfully line breed and stamp that look into the horses/ponies we now know as the Arenosa.

A horse not from Mrs Barretts direct breeding is no more "Arenosa" than a horse from another farm would be a HHP horse. They can be related but are not "Arenosa"

I hope that makes sense a bit.

My thinking does not devalue any related horse and I surely hope no one thinks I do, there are many many beautiful horses/ponies out there.

These are my 2 Arenosa bred horses, both Are Establo breeding, and are 3/4 brother and sister. I love these type of horses.

Establo Tequila (bought from Establo) these pictures were taken straight from pasture with just a bath, and bridal path clipped, and nursing her 2006 filly.

tequilarightside1.jpg

Establo Martini On The Rocks (bought from Double K) Multiple National Champion and will mature under 34". He was trained and shown by HHP Training Center in 2006 and will return in 2007 with HHP Training Center. Pictures were taken by Bob Carr at the 2006 AMHR Nationals from sitting in the stands.

martynationals1bobpic.jpg
martynationals2bobpic.jpg

Arenosa was a farm name. Horses bred by Audrey Barrett recieved the suffix "of Arenosa". Although their are many many horses/ponies out there that are related to horses bred by Mrs Barrett they were not born on her farm and dubbed "of Arenosa".

I have a lot of respect for Mrs Barrett and her ability to successfully line breed and stamp that look into the horses/ponies we now know as the Arenosa.

A horse not from Mrs Barretts direct breeding is no more "Arenosa" than a horse from another farm would be a HHP horse. They can be related but are not "Arenosa"
I find this interesting because while I'm familiar with Arenosa and Mrs. Barrett, I've never known what the true definition was.

So here is a philosopy question...(I hope I don't need a flame suit because I really am just asking!) If Arenosa is/was a registered suffix, can any horse now born on someone elses farm truly be Arenosa? In other words if the horse's name doesn't contain "of Arenosa", is it right to label them that? Or is the new horse born on someone else's farm really just related to or a decendant of Mrs. Barrett's ponies?

OK Lisa, I will join you in your fire suit as these is my feelings.

In this day and age...Mrs Barrett is passed, she obviously is not breeding horses anymore. I would have to look into the history pages to get an exact answer but, there are some farms that recieved permission to use this name on some horses years ago. A quick look at a horses pedigree can answer if the horse is from pure lines or not.

I have several Arenosa horses, some are a result of an "of Arenosa" bred to an "of Arenosa" horse. They are 100% Arenosa as they have remained pure breeding of the original Arenosa horse that Mrs Barrett bred, but, they are not "of Arenosa", they carry the name of the farm that bred them. Others I have are the result of an "of Arenosa" horse bred to a non "of Arenosa" horse, although these are Arenosa related, they are not 100%, still do not carry the "of Arenosa" label.

In my opinion, no horse being bred today should be labeled "of Arenosa", but there are pure Arenosa horses being born everyday and there are many many more Arenosa related horses being born as well. Still none are "of Arenosa".

Here goes the suit, I am zipping it up right now. Some feel that because they feel that Mrs Barrett would have used certain horses in her program if she had the chance, either because she purchased a horse at one time or because she may have said she approved of a horse that they too are Arenosa bred or Arenosa related. The fact of the matter is, we will never know what Mrs Barrett's next step would have been. Unfortunately, she is not here and did not get the chance to show us her next step.

The next step is up to us, the current breeders. I wish I had a spoonful of the genetic knowledge that Mrs Barrett had. Also the heart to do so as her program required not only the celebration over success but the let down of the non successful crosses. As we all know when you line breed as closely as she did, it doesn't work 100% of the time.

OK, I am rambling, I am quite passionate about this so it is hard for me to keep my mouth and fingers quiet.

Ok so I have a question for you Annette, going along the lines that you and Lisa stated take well lets take my horse for example..

for those that breed the Arenosa lines like you , Sundance LB, Rob, Lori G ect.... I am sure there others sorry but they are friends so are at the top of my head right now
default_yes.gif
:

But is it for those breeders sort of doing the "wrong thing" when I say or use the term Arenosa bred or 75 percent when describing Paco?

I mean I guess the question is - is it preferred that I dont use that ?

Absolutely not wrong Lisa!

He is what he is. I keep track of the % of my blends too.

It would be no different than someone boasting that they have a double Buckeroo son or daughter or Blue Boy or whatever line they want to baost in their horses pedigree. It is just a way of stating that your horses ancestors go back to Mrs Barretts breeding program by whatever % you can claim.

So by what I under stand Rowdy was genetically related to Arenosa Horses.

Thanks for any help.

Barb

Latest posts

Back