Show season is over here time to take it easy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdmomjb

Reaction score
Well I've been home from Nationals for one week and now is the time to get ready for the next years showing.
new_shocked.gif

What a day. We are in the process of putting water out to the new barn. (what do I mean we I should say I!) So today "I" dug 15' of the 65' of trinch I will need to hook to the existing line going to the back dog pen.

Then, I thought I would reward my self by ground driving the horse I bought to form a team with my mare Blue. Well first Smoke needed his hoofs trimed. That done we borrowed Blues single harness and went for a little walk arround the pasture. Glad to report that Smoke is quite a good lad and didn't give much trouble. We need to work on the ears as that was the worst of it he does not want his ears touched and its hard to get a bridle on with out it.
wacko.gif

Oh well tomorrow is another day. Maybe I'll have 30' of trench dug. Although my sholders are currently saying NO
no.gif
. and I think I'll stop early enough to drive Blue before I ground drive Smoke. And I need to start Athena aka Flying A Magics Can She Can Can, and Dandi.

What a way to rest
yes.gif
yes.gif

Sounds like you're busy! I'm glad I got to meet you at Nationals!
yes.gif

Oh the circle that goes round and round
laugh.gif
Yep, know the feeling, you're so far behind you think you're in the front. It's great to be spending time with the horses though, whether it's showing, or preparing to show.

Around here, fall is the NICEST time of year, so it's time to have FUN,FUN, FUN with the horses when at all possible! I have a water system problem that I am in the midst of digging up, and have to go up on the roof today to uncover the solar panels(as its supposed to get noticably COOLER in a day or two), but am also trying to drive, drive, DRIVE! Am studying a spot on my "other"5 acres next door as a possible locale to construct a water hazard, and, have found a GREAT place to drive-a full section of state land,with a school on two "corners", but otherwise virtually unused, with a bladed trail all around on it-PERFECT for driving!-just a mile or so away, so I can even drive down TO it, on my "usual" outside driving route along the right-of-way! A friend and I went out Sunday for a couple of hours, and just had a BALL!! Also, I got my "original", 19 yr.old show gelding home, and drove him yesterday. He still has more "oomph" than anything I've ever had--what a guy! I'm going to put him and my 23 yr. old matriarch mare together again as a driving pair-they went SO well together years ago, and both are healthy and hearty! Sometimes, life is especially GOOD!!

Margo that sounds wonderful.

I on the other hand dont need to "make" a water hazard. I live so far out that there are litterly(sp) thousand of acres of timberland arround me with hundreds of miles of access roads crossing streams, going up and down hills, logs across roads ect. all the hazards you could wish for including deet and turkey.

When I take Blue out my non horsey husband followes on the "mule" we ride for miles and miles. Howevre my time is short it will soon be deer season and I dont take the horses out for fear some fool will take a shot at one thinking they are deer.

Oh weel I will enjoy while I can

Jan

You're done?! you lucky dog...hehe.. just kidding , i love showing but i am gettin a lil run done from traveling halfway across the country! We ve been home from nationals for 10 days then we leave for AMHA WORLD tomorrow morning till october 9th....then whoohoo a break then its off to Ocala, FL for two weeks for mini-rama and sunshine classic.....it seems like more and more show s just keep..."popping" up ....but i do love it.....but isnt there a break in sight? haha.

Samantha

Hi Jan,

Whew..you have been busy. Don't forget to take time to come to the AMHS auction and fun show on Oct 8th.

Bonnie

Birdmomjb said:
  And I need to start Athena aka Flying A Magics Can She Can Can, and Dandi. 
What a way to rest
yes.gif

yes.gif

474212[/snapback]

Yes, you do! Then I can see my grandbaby again at the shows :) You need a ditch witch sweetie!

Jan would get a lot more done if I would quit bothering her!!
biggrin.gif
I had her come out sunday pm to check my new filly and called her agian yesterday to have her help me get Zion off of my G'mother's deck!
ohmy.gif
I know she hates me now
biggrin.gif
. But She stills puts up with me. It's all my fault she never gets anything done.

Bonnie I will be sure she gets there the 8th and don't forget the sale this week at heber springs.

don't forget the sale this week at heber springs
I forgot to mention the sale, I guess because we are leaving Thurs to go to Ohio for a wedding and won't be at the sale.
sad.gif

Hope you find some good buys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back