Show on sat

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocklone Miniature Horses

past member -I gotta get a life...
Reaction score
Got my first show with my show loan
default_smile.png
been busy prepping him this week he's clipped to perfection (I seem to have taken to it well!) so shiney he is hard to look at and my outfit is all sparkly and new.

I'm incredibly excited :D

that is so exciting! you will have so much fun. Please let us know how you do and I also can't wait to see pictures. Good luck!!!!

Pictures required!

Have a great time and enjoy it! That's what its all about!

Not much luck today! The grass was too long and he couldn't contain himself, he was just too full of it. He was more lively than the stallions and yearlings! Will remember my lunge line next time lol

10173706_304387703079303_40089314069789614_n.jpg

Good for you to get out there and go for it! He will get calmer as he goes more often I am sure if it was a new situation for him. That happened to me you bet!.

You both look so well turned out, he is beautiful. I hope you had fun!

He needs to be worked before shows, he is so quiet and calm at home i didn't think i would have a problem! Having looked at a few pics i think the halter was not fitting very well, i may try to adjust it or use another one. I've also been taking him out now and making him stand on the grass for a while before getting his halter off so he must stand and not snatch or paw or he doesn't get the grass! As said, he is doing that perfectly. He knows well what he is supposed to be doing he just was not up for it on sat lol

he may have sensed your nerves /excitement,horses are sensitive souls.when is your next show

the picture is a bit dark but it looks like the halter is positioned well.

You got experience and that's a good thing! You'll do better every time you'll see!

Congratulations for going!

Here is a more clear pic. Its up into his eye and a little too tight on the chain. Tried it on him again and he reacted badly, so definitely taking the chain off it.

1505101_10202678087770808_446760322778985794_n.jpg

I remember our first couple of shows...boy howdy did we have some work to do as well as learning. As long as you enjoyed yourself, that's really what matters. I was supposed to attend my first show of the season last week but had to pull out at the last minute when things simply weren't going well (sick with a cold all week, still worked 60 hours, clipper blades that wouldn't cut for the final clipping, etc.). I finally admitted defeat and threw in the towel. Our next show is next Sunday and I'll be preparing all week in an effort to avoid the same issues this time around.

Can't wait to see how things go for your next show outing. He's a lovely boy.

IT can be so hard doing something new! I am barely into my second show season! It will get easier.. the getting ready part! I am still working on the nerves part myself, especially for showmanship! But the getting ready, clipping, fitting, polishing, brushing wiping does get easier! I am still very much learning myself! There is so much to it all! But if you enjoyed it at all, and had fun with the extra time with your mini, don't give up quite yet!

If I try to relax and work on it just to have fun, and take the pressure off my self, I find Glimmer and I do much better! ( now if I could apply that to showmanship....)

default_smile.png
I have decided I will probably be learning until I keel over!

Latest posts

Back