show clothes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diana

Reaction score
Looking for a place to purchase show pants or show jackets that have pockets. I've tried Hobby Horse, no luck.

GoodWill, Consignment shops, it doesn't have to be from horse related companies. We buy jackets for $5 - $10 and use them for the local level because they can get pretty dirty. Same thing with pants, just nice black slacks or black jeans work fine. You don't have to spend a fortune to show. Bright colored tank tops work great under jackets for summer shows, same thing with just regular shirts, it also helps you add color for different horses without having to buy several colors of jackets and pants.

Our Wal Mart carries pants made by Lee Riders that use to show in. They are made like jeans, but wash better. They keep their color better. Have pockets. I have navy blue, black and tan ones. They are my favorites to wear to show in. Have front and back pockets.

I'm looking for a place that sells show pants with front pockets or a show jacket with pockets.

Diana,

Did I mention to you that we had the kids show in tuxes. Purchased from an ebay buy out. Shirt, pants, vest and jacket and bowtie. $20. Alec made a cute little showman and driver.

Also, English hunt coats work well.

They aren't jeans, they are only made by Lee Riders. They are actually like cotton twill dress pants.

I have found some really nice jackets at J.C Penney as I am taller and they carry an abundance of sizes and lengths. Just watch for the ones that state they have pockets. Also I buy most of my slacks there, usually black so they dont show the dirt as much.

Several of my jackets are from consignment shops too, sometimes you can find some gorgeous ones in there.

If you see the perfect jacket but it doesnt have pockets, you can also make do with a small pounch pinned to the waist of your pantline and hidden by your jacket. Then you can put a bit of bait in there to substitute for a pocket. Its like a small tiny zipper pouch. I had to use this a few times when I didnt have pockets on a particular jacket and pair of pants. But it is easier to have the pockets on your pants and jackets so you can have plenty. If you have to run right back into the championship classes you will need to have plenty of bait with you or inedible baits too so you have a variety. If your horse gets bored with one thing try something else. If he is snatchy try something that is not edible and see if that helps.

I can't stand to wear a pair of pants that does not have front pockets. I purchase all my pants at Walmart and they are by White Stag. I have at least 10 pair of black and then at least 2 pair of every other color they make. I wear them both for every day and for shows. I purchase mostly the ones made of twill, but they also have some that are a little heavier that I do have for winter use as they are warmer.

White Stag also make pull on jeans in light and dark blue and I have quite a few pair of those as well.

Best thing about White Stag--they wear forever and at my Walmart (in my size) they are usually $8.00 a pair--can't beat the price!!!!

Hum, may got look at see what they have after the first of the year.

I've got some show pants and jackets at JC Penny at Sears, as well as consignment shops. Good will , value village. They have pretty much every style there, and it doesn't hurt your wallet when you wreck them.

Thanks everyone. We found a nice jacket at JC Penny's in black and I'll add some bling to it. Happy New Year!

Latest posts

Back