Shipping Internationally

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelsey - Vandy's Farm

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have someone interested in one of my foals. They want to know around how much it costs to ship to Europe (Netherlands). We are in CA. We have only shipped internationally once and they handled everything. Is there anyone out there who is familiar with international shipping? Rough estimate of how much it would cost? And who have you used?

Thanks!

smile.gif

I can't help you sorry but I am looking forward to reading any posts as I am thinking of buying a few horses from America and shipping them to Italy this year.

We used EZ2Spot to bring Dragon across to the UK for us and they were brilliant with all the arrangements and with keeping in touch with us. Also someone from EZ travels all the way with the horses which is good for the horses plus helps with speedy unloading and the paper work on arrival.

Just want to add that Dragon was completely shattered at the end of the plane ride and needed a couple of hours of sleep before we could continue his journey home (we thought he was never going to wake up!) But he is a worrywart and ran into bad weather on the approach to Glasgow airport (not funny watching the plane trying to land sideways!) I would think a young foal might not be up to the long and stressful journey?

Also most centres take time to gather several horses together so that they can all complete the 'quarentine' time together as a group, this can mean that some horses are at the centres a week or more before actual quarentine begins - Dragon spent an extra two weeks waiting for a 'group' to be assembled, so it might help if you can organise it that your horse is one of the last ones to be 'collected'.

Anna

On the web site of www.iamranch.com at the bottom of their for sale page is a link to transport and it gives you a run down of cost...worth looking at...

We used EZ2Spot to bring Dragon across to the UK for us and they were brilliant with all the arrangements and with keeping in touch with us. Also someone from EZ travels all the way with the horses which is good for the horses plus helps with speedy unloading and the paper work on arrival.

Just want to add that Dragon was completely shattered at the end of the plane ride and needed a couple of hours of sleep before we could continue his journey home (we thought he was never going to wake up!) But he is a worrywart and ran into bad weather on the approach to Glasgow airport (not funny watching the plane trying to land sideways!) I would think a young foal might not be up to the long and stressful journey?

Also most centres take time to gather several horses together so that they can all complete the 'quarentine' time together as a group, this can mean that some horses are at the centres a week or more before actual quarentine begins - Dragon spent an extra two weeks waiting for a 'group' to be assembled, so it might help if you can organise it that your horse is one of the last ones to be 'collected'.

Anna
Anna even foals that travel by land across the United States are exhausted on arrival and suffer from" jet lag". Fortunatly they recover in a few days. We give them plenty of time in a stall to rest and recover. We prefer buying two horses whenever we can so they have a buddy for the trip. But that is not always possible, especially on international flights.

This is a wonderful topic! Since I have "thrown in the towel" I have been looking to find quarantine/international shipping facilities to list on my site for those that are overseas. I know some facilities are full service (make arrangements to pick up horse from your property and have it brought to the quarantine facility), I have heard others (over the years) talk about providing transport to the quarantine facility. For those of you that have used these facilities, can you please elaborate on the the transport to the quarantine facility (full service or not)?

THANKS for starting this topic!

We used Shortview Export and Sheri took care of everything. If you email her, she will give you a quote on "door to door" service.

Thanks everyone!!! Super helpful.
yes.gif

I am sure it would be stressful for any horse but I would be stressful trailering them around the US too. He would we fully weaned by the time he left. Not sure if the sale will go through but I just thought I would check into it. It is definitely something I'd like to know more about either way.

Latest posts

Back