Sharpening clipper blades

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKG miniatures

Reaction score
I have no good places to sharpen my blades here. Does anyone have a suggestion on somewhere I can send them with a reasonable turnaround time? Also, how many times do you sharpen them before just replacing instead? Thanks.

I recently tried Northern Tails Sharpening. Excellent service, included a CD of blade and clipper care, fast turnaround time, and the very first time ANYONE has actually sent me back very sharp blades! I couldn't be happier. There is a lot on their website so check it out.

I use:

Bullseye Sharpening & Repair

267-424-3603

www.bullseyesharpening.com

Mike is excellent and easy to work with. I did not like my Double K's and he rebuilt them for me and sharpened my blades(PROPERLY) and WOW, what a difference. I had sent my blades out plenty of times before and would always go through 2-3 just to get one horse clipped. Now, they went through thick winter hair like a hot knife through butter and I managed to completely clip 2-3 horses with one blade.

Oh and it was a very quick turnaround too......

Highly Recommend!!!

Contact a local dog groomer for a source. They have to be super particular about their blades since it is their business. I have found that they not only know of the least expensive person, the people they use also put an edge that lasts on a blade. And a lot of them have people that come to them! Good luck!

Contact a local dog groomer for a source. They have to be super particular about their blades since it is their business. I have found that they not only know of the least expensive person, the people they use also put an edge that lasts on a blade. And a lot of them have people that come to them! Good luck!
That is what I did.

Latest posts

Back