Share current pictures of your show horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would like to show current pictures of their show horses, so we can see thier condition for this time of year. Im tyring to judge if we are on track for conditioning, or if Im way behind, but dont have any horses to compare to.

Plus, I want to drool over your horses.

Ill post mine tomorrow. When I get the others clipped.

So far I have 2 clipped one surprised me GOOD. Just needs some toning.

The filly needs weight over her back. (Weaned her and she was trying to starve herself cause she was MAD!!!)

taken last weekend LOL, but we are only just heading into winter now!

2009_0329TripChristchurch0038.jpg

P3280068.jpg

P3210065-resized.jpg

I am showing three of my own this year ...

Kitty - classic over 2 year old mare

Twister - R over 2 year old gelding

Dream - Sr R under mare

Then i have three outside horses in the barn to be shown but will not post pictures of them.

These are somewhat current photos of mine as of within the past few weeks...

Little Kings Crimson Dream - Sr R under mare 32.5" ... she prob has the farthest to go as she is on a limited diet (she has Protein Loosing Enteropathy + Thyroid..she is a fun one) so she is taking her sweet time coming into condition.

Video - LINK

x-2.jpg

Twister - 2yr old jr gelding ... smoothing out real nice and i clipped him a few days back and he turned out real real nice under all that..just a video of him.

Video - LINK

Kitty - WHO IS 250% NICER THEN THIS PHOTO...she is one that her personality and attitude shows her off better then a photo. But - Shetland, classic 2yr old over mare (i think she is right around 44" with a bit of hoof)....

17.jpg

I am only posting this because it's recent and handy.... Unclipped and no conditioning, she was at a driving clinic on March 15.

Clinic_3_15_trailer-1.jpg

Elegant Man 36.75" 2 Yr Old ASPC Gelding

I would liek to say he is in Good condition.

EligentManPhoto.jpg

Clipeli7.jpg

Chanel Yearling 32" Filly Owned By Janice shes by my mare and we are all good with posting ;) She Fashions 08' Foal.

She could use a bit of weight on her topline and a bit fo muscle her feed is upped but she still looks smooth.

I cannot wait for Janice to get her in the ring again
default_wub.png

Dchanel2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures of my showstring that I took to a show two days ago.

Maple Hollows Black Pearl 32" Senior Mare

Pearlanddog017.jpg

Maple Hollows Bodacious Babe 31.75" yearling filly

BabePoodleclip009.jpg

Maple Hollows After Dark 32" 2yr old stallion

bobclipbeforeandafter020.jpg

Maple Hollow Phlash of Fireworks 29" yearling filly

ellieandjunkbuildings014.jpg

this was Duke in Jan/Feb, I will have pics from last week in a few days from the Glen Rose AMHA show of all 3 of my boys. The horses in Texas are TOUGH to beat. All the big trainers have their best out already.

crop.jpg

The latest one I have of Esprit is from the February ADT at Happ's, he wasn't clipped yet.

Esprit-FebADT-1.jpg

This is Alladdin from just yesterday. Both boys are getting fairly fit.

AlladdinDrive-009.jpg

They are getting worked pretty regularly. I have driven Esprit for 30-40 minutes four out of the last five days, for example. Alladdin similar schedule although he had two days off during that time. I will drive him tomorrow and give Esprit a day off. I am also conditioning Ally for combined driving; that requires even more work. I usually drive two out of the three horses per day, rotating them through the schedule.

Keep in mind these are bad pictures. Hasn't been bathed, and a very very rough clip. We've been working on conditioning since mid march, and I recently got him completely switched over to a new food and changed his routine a little. BTW, my husband takes bad pictures, and he was just "snapping away" because the batteries were almost dead.

360748664.jpg

360748663.jpg

360440244.jpg

The last picture shows his topline a little better, in the other pictures it looks like he is uneven, but in person it's not like that.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

[SIZE=12pt]Here are the ones I hope to show later this year.[/SIZE]

Westwind LKB Buckeroo Dream Chimera

IMG_44702.jpg

IMG_44662.jpg

Deven Creek Grace Melody Tradition

Gracie5May1808.jpg

Oak Park Ima Little Blue

lilblue-1.jpg

And Last but not least Brookhaven Secrets Rhedd Butler. Co-Owned with Chesa Hinkel of Deven Creek ( Shown by Chesa!!!)

Possum3March2809.jpg

Joy

Here is a picture of my driving mare Dancer- ok so excuse her trace clip she is not going to halter this year so I have a bit of leeway on conditioning
default_wink.png
Raven will be in WA so not a lot of showing this year(well for me Raven will be showing a lot) I only have this mare I need to worry about.

Dancercropped.jpg

My girl, Hopeview Charismatic Charm, shown very succesfully at 2 shows last weekend. She has a bit of tum, but we are off to vets in about an hour for preg test. If positive...she will be turned out, if negative she will go into full work
default_smile.png

Charm009.jpg

here is Duke, Finn and Senor at Glen Rose, TX

Dukey Doo- Hi Point All Around-

DSC_2474_edited.jpg

DSC_4880_edited2.jpg

Finn- 10 points in Liberty, more pts in Driving- He is my under 32" gelding

DSC_5082_edited2.jpg

DSC_5588_edited2.jpg

Senor- His first show, had been putting weight on him- 21 points, now he is getting fit and sweated. my new Jr Gelding

DSC_4505_edited2.jpg

DSC_4710_edited2.jpg

My girl, Hopeview Charismatic Charm, shown very succesfully at 2 shows last weekend. She has a bit of tum, but we are off to vets in about an hour for preg test. If positive...she will be turned out, if negative she will go into full work
default_smile.png
Charm009.jpg
and 3 weeks later

Harvey20Show20016a-1.jpg

Just two show horses for me this year. The first is my 14 year old gelding Joey. We'll be doing an ADT this August, and we haven't done as much conditioning as I would like for that caliber of competition. But here he is, my silver bay pinto.

Joey.jpg

And my little yearling colt Peppermint!
default_wub.png
I'm falling more and more in love with this little guy. He's still a stallion as he hasn't fully descended just yet.
default_no.gif
We think he's a grulla pinto, but he's just cute as anything. Not sure how much showing we'll do with him this year. And this is with no conditioning yet this year, just playing in the arena.

pep.jpg

pep2.jpg

I don't have any "posed" pictures but here are a few from the field of one of my all around gelding. He was just shown last weekend. I've only been working him a couple of times a week so he's not in top shape just yet.

027.jpg

016-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

This is Reflections Star Time, a 31" yearling filly. The picture was taken a few weeks ago.

TimerApr09.jpg

Timer2Apr09.jpg

Latest posts

Back