Selling Something That Is Not

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greystone

Reaction score
If you saw an ad for an animal that was not up to the standard and being sold as such would you contact the seller and inform them. The seller is clearly stating something that is not of standard but is selling as a registered animal. I am thinking of just questioning the seller if they even know that they are doing it. I would hate for a buyer to spend money on an animal they can not register.

If you are referring to the add on the sale board about the Party Spotted Poodles being AKC registered, I know what you mean.

Taken off the AKC website;

Color

The coat is an even and solid color at the skin. In blues, grays, silvers, browns, cafe-au-laits, apricots and creams the coat may show varying shades of the same color. This is frequently present in the somewhat darker feathering of the ears and in the tipping of the ruff. While clear colors are definitely preferred, such natural variation in the shading of the coat is not to be considered a fault. Brown and cafe-au-lait Poodles have liver-colored noses, eye-rims and lips, dark toenails and dark amber eyes. Black, blue, gray, silver, cream and white Poodles have black noses, eye-rims and lips, black or self colored toenails and very dark eyes. In the apricots while the foregoing coloring is preferred, liver-colored noses, eye-rims and lips, and amber eyes are permitted but are not desirable. Major fault: color of nose, lips and eye-rims incomplete, or of wrong color for color of dog.

Parti-colored dogs shall be disqualified. The coat of a parti-colored dog is not an even solid color at the skin but is of two or more colors

Robin

The dogs are still REGISTERABLE but not SHOWABLE. The AKC standard of perfection is relative to the show ring and what is acceptable there. I have had people try to tell me that my parti colored or we call them Piebald Dachshunds must not be purebred but they are. The are not disqualified from the ring but are seldom given the points. There are color purists who would like them to be disqualified also.

Parti colored poodles and pomeranians are both REGISTERABLE if the parents are akc registered. The akc doesnt withold papers for that reason but the dogs would be excused from the show ring because of the pattern.

Lyn

The same holds true for the white German Shepherd. If some people had their way, the only dogs that could be registered with AKC would be black/tan with a saddle.

Jean

My bad. So the one tri-color pembroke pup I have that is currently bi-color (black and white no tan) is registerable just not showable? If so I will certainly let the buyer know. Should I then not ask as much money when I go to sell it?

Just to let you all know - I love this web site.

Diana, did you get them DNAd since you thought they might be from a different father? If the dna says it is a corgi then yes it can be registered . I have never seen a solid black with white toes like the ones you showed me. I have however seen lots of parti colored poodles and poms. and white shepards.

Lyn

A Black and White Corgi is totally possible- in all likelihood it is genetically a tri colour that just never showed it's tan.

Lyn -

Patiently waiting on AKC; it takes 6-8 weeks and I am about 5 weeks in. I wish you could pay for a rush but you can't rush science.

Latest posts

Back