Scared of Obama

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyo

Reaction score
Many of you have said you are afraid of and fear for this country if Obama is elected.

McCain speaking of Obama at a campain function today. He's a decent person and you should't be afraid of him being president.

( I just saw this on the evening news, didn't use quotes because it is possible that I didn't get it exactly right word for word)

I think it says alot about McCain that he would say that.

Does this change your opinion or help alliviate your fears about Obama? If not, why?

I just saw the same thing - a man got up at the rally and said to McCain that he is afraid for himself and his daughter if Obama becomes President and McCain FINALLY tried to stop this kind of thinking from his followers as it is truly unfounded. Did your news show you what happened next....?? an elderly woman got up and said she was afraid as well and she said and I quote "I am afraid....because he is an arab"!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
and thank GOD that McCain told her no, she was wrong! How many republican followers have this mentality? What if he was arab? What kind of message does this put out to American arabs? that they aren't to be trusted???? I truly applaud McCain for trying to diffuse this kind of ignorance out there and unfounded fear mongering.

Last edited by a moderator:
i would rather see Obama in office. all the ads i see from the other guy is just trying to knock Obama instead of talking about any of the issuse. atleast Obama is saying something. plus i am not happy with the bush and want something different

Being AFRAID or Scared for the country is a Feeling..ever had a gut feeling..??

Well I guess I am not a decent person than..sorry John..

Good for you, John McCain!

As I said on another thread, Sarah Palin failed miserably when in a similar situation. When she could have put an end to the shouted threats to Obama, she did nothing. She could have proven herself courageous (as McCain did), but instead she was at best cowardly and at worst just as bad as those in the crowd.

I still disagree completely with McCain, but have a great deal of respect for his willingness to stand up for what is right.

I just saw the same thing - a man got up at the rally and said to McCain that he is afraid for himself and his daughter if Obama becomes President and McCain FINALLY tried to stop this kind of thinking from his followers as it is truly unfounded. Did your news show you what happened next....?? an elderly woman got up and said she was afraid as well and she said and I quote "I am afraid....because he is an arab"!
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
and thank GOD that McCain told her no, she was wrong! How many republican followers have this mentality? What if he was arab? What kind of message does this put out to American arabs? that they aren't to be trusted???? I truly applaud McCain for trying to diffuse this kind of ignorance out there and unfounded fear mongering.

I have a family member that I love dearly, but bless her little ol heart, she STILL thinks that the 9/11 hijackers were Iraqi. And she thinks that everyone with a middle eastern name is a terrorist. She hasnt put together yet the fact that the Dr who saved my lifes name is Hamid, nor that several of her Drs have similar names. Ignorance is bliss.

Mary-lou I couldnt agree more. Dont tell me you are the one that can reach across the aisle, yet spew stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't hear McCain's comment. Wish I had, but it wouldn't have changed my opinion because I've had a great deal of respect for him from the first.

As far as Obama is concerned, at first my concern wasn't about him personally but what may happen to America if he is elected and doesn't survive long enough to complete his term. I still have those concerns, but now they have expanded to include what might happen if he isn't elected. In addition to those concerns (which I'm sure some of you will snear at) I now have concerns about him personally. He just has had associations with too many objectionable people for me to have confidence in him. Add to that the fact that I don't think with the mess we have in this country on the job training is a good idea. I'd rather see someone in office with some experience.

So to answer your question, no. McCains statement doesn't ease my mind at all.

I was very happy to see McCain tell that woman no. He did it in a respectful manner as well. I hope that if it happens again when Palin is speaking that she will do the same as McCain did. I truly feel that it would help their campaign and perhaps more people would be willing to listen to what they have to say if those kinds of things disappear. I think you are right Mary Lou, I think he realized that perhaps things were getting a tad out of hand and as a 'leader' he needed to do something about it. Good for you McCain!
default_aktion033.gif

McCain speaking of Obama at a campain function today. He's a decent person and you should't be afraid of him being president. ( I just saw this on the evening news, didn't use quotes because it is possible that I didn't get it exactly right word for word)

I think it says alot about McCain that he would say that.

Does this change your opinion or help alliviate your fears about Obama? If not, why?
No, because I do not agree with his policies, I am afraid of his policies! I'm sure he is a decent man...with policies that scare the sh!t out of me! I do not think anyone here ever said he was not a decent man.

I also am afraid of Obama's politics and his inexperience. It's not that I think he's a horrible person (nor do I think he's a wonderful one, either), but I think he's not equipped to be an effective and powerful leader. I wish this wasn't how I felt. It would be great to feel the Nation would do well under either candidate.

Good for you, John McCain!
As I said on another thread, Sarah Palin failed miserably when in a similar situation. When she could have put an end to the shouted threats to Obama, she did nothing. She could have proven herself courageous (as McCain did), but instead she was at best cowardly and at worst just as bad as those in the crowd.

I still disagree completely with McCain, but have a great deal of respect for his willingness to stand up for what is right.
I agree. Seeing all of his attack ads I was shocked by this. But he did stood up, thats one decent thing I have seen him do.

I am competely scared if McCain does get elected, all I see is another Bush, maybe just a smarter version. And Palin just scares the living c*** out of me.

Well I am no more afraid of Obama than I am of many other politicians....to find one that does things because of wise decisions insteald of an inflated ego is rare. I am scared of Palin having the chance to become president should McCain and she get elected. From the very beginning she has acted like a bully on one hand and a cutsie "little o me" on ther other. She is not someone to intrust our country to. If she can abuse her power [and get away with it] just think of how she could try to do the same as a VP! The lies she has told about Obama have ruined Mc Cains campain. He made a horrible error in choosing her for VP.

Latest posts

Back