seriously?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthorsemom

Reaction score
In the news right now is a story about racism and the example given is a short white person asking a tall black woman (the white house Target store shopping trip by the first lady) to get some detergent down from the shelf.

Now.. come on, seriously? This is news worthy? Really?

I am 4'11 inches tall. I ask people to get things down off the shelf every time I go to the store. It doesn't matter what race or gender or even if they speak English... I just look and say to myself "Hey, that person is taller than me" and I ask for help.

Sheesh. This is making the news? And they think this white woman is racist for it? Get over yourself you folks in the white house. Playing the race card and stirring up trouble over nothing.

The trip to Target was years ago (2011) and you know who told folks it made her feel good... ... she told a different story the first time, now in 2013 it is being given as an example of racism. In my opinion if the woman was racist she would have hunted for a tall white person to help her... sheesh.

And then again, this could all be fabricated like everything else to draw attention. hmmm.. that's a thought too.

Divide and conquer.. that is the name of the game. Diversion tactics to take our attention from other things too.

Being extreme short, I just couldn't help starting a topic for this since it is all over the news, even on yahoo, not just the alternative news.

stay happy... please continue to help those short folks reach stuff off the shelves. Especially on Sunday in the stores when the stuff near the front is all purchased. I used one box of cereal as a reaching device to fish out another box of cereal that was on sale off the top shelf last week because I couldn't find a tall person in the isle. It dropped on my head, but I did manage to get it.

Vertically challenged is the proper word for "short"

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's short mom, horse, eh?...... I have always found short women to be VERY capable and near fearless.

You made several germain points. and are seeing what I have been trying to alert folk to.

1) news wise, an extremely OLD story

2) What else is going on that they DON"T want to cover. (oh my word, you would not believe the length of THAT list!)

3) news fabrication.

Over at oath keepers, there is a group called the lll%ers. The title denotes the percentage of folk who fought in the revolutionary war.

Anywho.... on that page is a very helpful short course on how to deploy and detect ALL of the cointellpro methods used by YOUR media and favorite talking heads to bury the news and distract away from good topics and honest discussion. Once you avail yourself of this reading, you will see these methods employed by Fox, CNN ABC NBC, well,... all of them really and then Rush, Lars, Hannity, well,... nearly all of them as well.

You think you know the news and what is going on? Believe me or not, you don't.

Excellent, Mom

Love it Carriage... I am really Short.... horsemom. haha. Might even be 4'10 now that I am shrinking

There was a B rated horror movie on a number of years ago. Aliens (monster type of aliens) had taken over the world but appeared in human form. There were guys that found some glasses that when they put them on, they could see which ones were monsters, and which were human.

We could all use some of those glasses right now.

Glad you understood what I was getting at. LOL.

While we are on the topic... I don't even want to think what the hoopla is all about over that movie either. something else to blame? Probably

Oh, and while I am on topics that really tick me off... How about the TV showing sexually explicit commercials during Christmas kids shows! How come that didn't make headline news and have the white house standing up in arms. I don't need my kids watching condom commercials or bi racial steamy sex scene commercials after watching things like "how the Grinch stole Christmas" Or during Charlie brown Christmas. Good thing we typically DVR and blow through the ads. I have been shocked recently at this. Used to be stuff like that aired at later times after 11 pm etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not that short but sometimes I have to climb the shelving to reach the last bag of cat food at te back of the top shelf...good thing, I could be in serious trouble if I asked a taller person for assistance, especially if

It were a male person of a minority color? Who knew? Racism wouldn't have occurred to me uzntil I read this. Usually the people in the aisle with me are much older and much shorter than I am--which is why I climb the shelving when I need to. Now I will climb the shelving no matter what, because I will be afraid to ask for assistance. LOL

I try and watch the news nightly, I like to keep up on what's going on, not only in Australia but around the world. I cant tell you how many nights a week I think- "Was it really worth broadcasting that story on Tv" " Do I really need to hear who Geoffrey Edelstein is marrying again this week ?

I have come to the conclusion at 35yo that a news bulletin is made up of 70% worth of horrible things happening within the country and overseas. 10% of things you would actually enjoy viewing and 20% of things I question as to why they would even bother with the story in the first place.

Im not that short either , but would have no problem asking someone, Male or female if they could kindly reach something for me if needed. That's what life's about isn't it ? Helping out a fellow man or women if needed.
default_smile.png

IMO this is an example of racism by the tall black person who was asked to help a short white person.I'm short and often ask people to get stuff off the top shelf.If the tall black person were not so racist she would have thought nothing of it since the taller are often asked to help others.IMO some of the most racist people are those of darker skin.Issues are made about race when in reality it often has nothing to do with race just an excuse for bad behavior.

Wish we had the 'like' button back so I could use it for your post, Bevann.

Latest posts

Back