Saying Goodbye to a Grand Old Man

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeycomb max

Reaction score
Some of you saw my post yesterday about losing a second foal to slipping from her mother.

This morning when I went to feed breakfast - my rescued saddlebreed Fox - 28 yrs old - gave all the symptoms of acute congestive heart failure.

We were able to get him to the vet where it was confirmed that he was in heart failure.

For a wonderful year and a half - Fox gave me so much love and trust.

I just wanted everyone to know that I will miss him with all my heart.

Rest in peace Fox - I love you.

Millie

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Rest assured you gave him a GRAND final year and a half.

Im so sorry ...

Millie -- Sending you much sympathy over both losing your "grand old man", Fox, and the unborn foal. You're going through a rough time.........

MA

Millie, I'm so sorry you've had so much loss recently. :no: I hope it brings you peace to know he had food, love and a safe place to relax in his last year on earth. Goodbye Old Man.

I am so very sorry to hear about your dear boy :no: . I also own a saddlebred and they are a WONDERFUL breed, very kind and the "peacocks" of the showring. I am glad to know that he had such a wonderful home being owned by you. Hugs to you and run free buddy with your head held high and all the majesty of your breed.

I am so sorry.

Just last Friday, I had my first horse, Sky, an arab x quarter horse gelding, put down. He was 30+ and I'd had him since 1994.

My farm name "Whinny For Me" came from how good it would make me feel when I'd call his name or he'd see me, and whinny to me
default_wub.png
:

If you are like me, the emotions will sneak up on you out of no where, like when you're driving to work, etc., and put you in tears but he brought a lot to your life (and you to his) and you are better for have knowing him
default_yes.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]Millie-[/SIZE]

So sorry to hear about the loss of your "Fox". I owned and showed Saddlebreds for years and they are still my favorites in the "big" horses. Atleast you know you gave him a lot of love the last portion of his life.

Barbie

Millie ~ I'm so sorry to hear this sad news ...... I know you're having a rough go of it lately.

It's so hard to lose a beloved pet.... at least his last 1 1/2 was happily spent with you in a loving home.

Oh how sad, but know that the end of his life was a great one with a caring and loving owner, in a peaceful and happy place. He knew he was loved. Many do not have that.

Hugs to you, it is always so very hard.

Millie, I feel so sorry for you losing your beloved friend Fox, I'm sure he knew he had a wonderful life with you and he loved you to.

Millie, I feel so sorry for you losing your beloved friend Fox, I'm sure he knew he had a wonderful life with you and he loved you very much to.

Latest posts

Back