Goodbye my little fellow, my little friend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is good to communicate to your girls even if you think they are not really understanding. They are also feeling your pain of loss too. You have sadness and they grieve for you too. The spirit of a beloved pet often hangs around a bit after passing to make sure you are ok. You might think you hear him, or see his shadow out of the corner of your eye or find one of his toys in an odd place for you to find. The other animals in the house can often feel the spirit. Watch your girls and see if they are picking up on the spirit of Louie hanging around. Talk to him and tell him you are fine and include thoughts about him in your communication to your girls too. Hard to explain. Doesn't happen with every dog, but with those extra special dogs I know that there is a spirit presence that can hang around a bit. Talk to Louie too and see if he doesn't find some way to tell you he is ok.

So sorry for your loss. You are such a caring and loving fur mom and that in itself will do wonders for Pattycake and Cindy.

This morning Pattycake would go over to her food bowl and look around but not eat. This is Tuesday and Louie was put to sleep on Saturday. So far she had not taken a bite of food. So finally I took out a regular biscuit and got her to beg for a treat, moved the bowl to a new area, and crumbled some of the treat onto her food. Hooray! She ate most of it. Tomorrow she and I are both going to go get something done to our hair. Going to a groomer always stresses her but she comes home feeling clean and pretty, so we will just have to see. She does seem to like it when I talk about Louie.

So very sorry to read about your loss, what a special little fella he must have been, bless him. I do agree that talking to your other girls, particularly Pattycake, will help both them and you with the natural grieving process. Hope Pattycake feels better after her grooming session.

Sending ((((HUGS)))) to you all.

Moving Pattycake's bowl was a great idea to encourage her to eat. Also putting in the food a little at a time to encourage her to eat is also a good idea.

I have one little dog that goes on hunger strike on occasion due to advanced age and health issues. To break the cycle I put a tiny bit of food, and a little canned food and mix it up with warm water (couple of tablespoons worth) and put in her bowl for her to eat. If she eats it, about an hour later I try her with her normal supper and she eats it right up. With little dogs you have to get the calories into them or they can get low blood sugar. Often looking at a full bowl is discouraging, but they see your smiling face as you offer just a tidbit and they say... "ok mom, I'll eat just a little"...

I can tell from reading your posts that you have a great relationship and communication with your dogs. They are lucky to have you. Louie was bigger than life and for the rest of your life when you tell stories of him, you will smile and remember how blessed you were for having him in your life.

I hope Pattycake did great at the groomer. I am sure telling her how pretty she looks when she is groomed makes her happy.

One of my oldest dogs stresses when I groom him, but after he is dry, fluffed, trimmed up he primps around the house and has energy and looks 5 years younger. He hates grooming, but he loves being clean and groomed.

I

I'm so sorry you lost your little friend. I can tell he was a huge part of your family. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Please do keep talking to Pattycake about Louie. Tell her that he wants her to eat lots of food for him. That eating brings him closer to her.

I'm so sorry
default_sad.png

Thanks everyone. It has been more than a month now and it is easier to look back on the fun times with Louie. Pattycake is now well adjusted to doing everything with just Cindy. She has been hanging out with me whenever I am working flower beds. Among the Louie momentos I will cherish is a little porcelain Japanese chin figurine and a portrait we had done at a portrait studio. He looks like a little prince in it.

So sorry for your loss. Saying good bye is the hardest part of having a pet At least he had the comfort of your arm to help him thro

Hugs to you

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine.

Latest posts

Back