San Antonio Family Fiesta Show.July 9,10 11

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Make A Wish Miniatures

Reaction score
Finally figured out my entries for the San Antonio Family Fiesta Show. It is going to be a lot of fun. A style Show on Friday featuring Club members modeling Show Clothes. Saturday There will be all the Pet Mini classes which are fun to watch (all those cute little kids,and the horses don't need to be registered).Sunday there is a special class for people who have never shown ,they can borrow trained show horses and try their hand at showing. There will be a Raffle, a really nice mare donated by The Cherry's . She's Buckskin and just beautiful. As always pewter awards for the Stakes classes and Champion classes. The Popes donated trophies for ALL the Youth and amateur halter classes. We should have a good turnout, Yes it will be hot but this is Texas so we are all used to it. The nice thing about this facility are the misters and they do help. So who else is coming?

I'll be there and will be buying raffle tickets too.
default_smile.png
Always a fun show despite the heat.

Jan

I'll be there this year! Hopeing to finish up at a decent hour on Saturday to take my son over to Sea World for the night shows. I wish this club did 7 and under classes though.

you know Carin, not having youth classes for all the different age groups is not a good thing. Maybe we need to propose a rule change for the minimum class list to have that break down for next years conference. I also think that if a show adds a class for open Champion of Champions they should be required to offer the class for the youth and ammy's also even though it is not a rated class. We can't do enough to encorage participation by any and all youth and/or ammy participants.

In any case folks we will be there delivering Cherrville's Rio's Ginger Snap for the raffle give away, she is a really sweet mare and is going to make someone a great all around mare (as she has nice movement) or a great broodmare. Hope to see everyone there.

Carin, maybe not enough 7 and under to justify the classes. I can remember huge youth classes in the past in all ages, even the little guys.
default_smile.png
I bet Dylan will hold his own against the 12 yr olds though LOL.

Jan

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the vote of confidence guys but you didn't see our last practice session!
default_laugh.png
The point of the 7 and under is to give those kiddos the confidence to continue. Their in hand classes are very simple and should be for their experience level. Keeping my fingers crossed for easy obstacle patterns in the youth! I'm sure "mom" is more stressed than Dylan though!
default_yes.gif

I'm not really an advocate for any Champion of Champions class. Its great when you win it, but kinda dilutes getting the grand if you don't. I don't know. I've won them and lost them so I'm sort of on the fence about them.

You know Lisa, I am the same way when the grandkids are showing. It makes me as nervous as a cat on a hot tin roof. But I also really really enjoy watching them work to show off what they have learned and taught thier horses prior to the show. It is very gratifying for a grandpa.
default_wub.png

Carin I understand what you mean about the Champion of Champions and don't really disagree. But I would like to see like treatment as far as grand classes etc for the kids and ammy's.
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping again......looks like it's going to be hot (it's Texas in July
default_smile.png
) but this is always a fun, well run show and worth getting out there. Also lots of other entertainment in the area for the kids (Sea World, etc) if you want to make it a mini-vacation. I keep saying I'm going to take an extra day to spend in Boerne but it hasn't happened yet - neat little town with lots of great shops etc...

Jan

We will be there for the A show on Sunday along with six of our Thursday Kids! And fourteen horses! Am I crazy or what? Guess I am trying to have a heart attack!!!

Yes Tony you probably are crazy.Fourteen horses and six kids. Shoud be a great show. David is getting plenty of calls ,looks like quite a few new people.

I'm not really an advocate for any Champion of Champions class. Its great when you win it, but kinda dilutes getting the grand if you don't. I don't know. I've won them and lost them so I'm sort of on the fence about them.
I totally agree, especially if you are lucky enough to get in for both supremes or Champion of Champions in open and amt. You really wear out your horse and depending on the registery you are required to show them or lose your points if Im not mistaken.

I can live without the Champion of Champions class, but really think the age groups for AMHR and ASPR should follow 7 & under, 8 - 12 and 13 - 17. Then have grands, jr. champions and reserves for the entire youth division to give them as many chances as the they can get to be in the ring and showing.

As far as the ammy's are concerned do it however you want and I can deal with it. But for instance I have one granddaughter that is not going to Congress with her shetland just to show in one class, but she did go to Tunica for instance. My loss as I wish she would go though.

I can live without the Champion of Champions class, but really think the age groups for AMHR and ASPR should follow 7 & under, 8 - 12 and 13 - 17. Then have grands, jr. champions and reserves for the entire youth division to give them as many chances as the they can get to be in the ring and showing.

As far as the ammy's are concerned do it however you want and I can deal with it. But for instance I have one granddaughter that is not going to Congress with her shetland just to show in one class, but she did go to Tunica for instance. My loss as I wish she would go though.

I can understand where you're coming from John. But would I want Dylan to show in sub championship halter classes and the grand class? No. It's exhausting and he doesn't have the patience for that yet. Plus, if its an open horse as well, you are going to loose that spark. There are other events out there besides halter. Kids need to be doing those classes as well.

When I was a child/young adult, I wanted those Grands so bad. But it was something to work towards in the open division. If they are getting grands as kids what drives them to get grands as adults (other than to beat the old pros)?

Tell your granddaughter that there's nothing wrong to go for just one class with one horse. I've done it and enjoyed myself just as much as 14 horses with 25 classes!

Just got an update. Right now there are aprox. 120 horses entered and some more being added . Looks like it should be a Great show.

Awesome, it always is a good show, with David & Kim doing the show management, the great people from the club, lots of horses and a very competitive show to say the least. See everyone there, we will be bringing in Ginger for the raffle, I think everyone will like her. She is a sweet filly with a lot of potencial for someone. I will try and get some pictures of her posted in the next day or so.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back