Sammy's Made Himself at Home

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DunPainted

Reaction score
Our new donkey, Sammy, has made himself a new friend whose name is Clyde. The two immediately recognized each other as the same species and it sure made both happy.

SammyClyde.jpg

For a 20 year old, Clyde sure likes to play with the little fella and two rambunctious three year old mini horse geldings that share a pasture!

July4Side.jpg

Cindy

saludando.gif

Sammy Jack looks so happy. Thank you Cindy and David for giving him such a loving home.

saludando.gif
Hi Lisa!

Thanks for the nice message and wonderful donkey. Gee, I didn't think my body odor would go through the cable and repel others. You know you have a good friend when they humor you with a post!
rolleyes.gif

A big hug,

Cindy

Cindy,

What a darling picture of Sammy and Clyde!!!

I think it is so neat the way they have bonded together!!

It is cool how they recognize each other as being the same species!!

Sammy does look happy, doesn't he? I'm not sure about the big tall one!
wacko.gif

DunPainted,

I don't know how much you know about donkeys but they can play very roughly, especially the geldings. As a child, I happened to be at a vet's office when a man bought in a pony whose spine had been broken by a larger horse as they played. This has prevented me from ever turning our larger equines in with the minis. We have also been warned by longtime donkey owners about the roughness they exhibit when playing. Therefore, I'm with Marnie on letting them run together. Perhaps friends across a fence would be better for everyone. I hope this helps you keep them all happy and safe.

Colleen/Starwish

Hi Colleen!

Thanks so much for your information regarding the separation of the two. Clyde is a big lug that's been put in with the big horses.

Been meaning to post a question regarding BIG CLYDE. We took him in a few months ago and he's either Mr. Love Bug or doesn't care about one's space. Our other donkey behaves like a mini horse.....and our previous mini donkey who died last autumn was never so affectionate.

Anyone have experience with such a donkey? He was stuck in an 8x8 stall with no light in a long hallway for many months. It seems he can't get enough attention. While I was bending over picking up grain pans, he "nudged" me on the fanny and I went rolling down the hill! I've tried the Parelli method of "get out of my space", but he doesn't give a rip.

Any suggestions for our resident Romeo?

Thanks,

Cindy

saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back