Sad News

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorrie & Frank

Reaction score
Margie Wood of MarJac Miniatures died peacefully at her home in Conroe Texas today after a long fight with respiratory failure. Her miniatures horses were known for their exquisite conformation and included a number of AMHA and AHMR champions, National Champions and a Canadian Grand Champion. We sold off her horses several years ago, one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in life. Saying good-bye to her has been hard, but at least her suffering is over. If anyone should want to know the funeral arrangements please email me at [email protected]. When I learn what they are I will pass them on to you. Margie always said that if you think you like a horse imagine it in a solid color - look at its lines and breeding attributes - while the lineage should be considered for the potential height - if it is not carried by the horse you are looking at you cannot count on ever breeding it from that horse. Never buy or breed for color or lineage. She had a long list of things to ask the Lord today, he'll be pretty busy these next few weeks! Farewell, Margie, you will be dearly missed and never forgotten. This a collage of her horses with a picture of her "Bobby" who is waiting for her on the other side the bay and white pinto second down from the top left hand corner. Some of her other horses can be seen at the Sale page

farmcollage_op_800x733.jpg

May God bring comfort to all those who loved her and will feel her loss.

I'm sorry to hear Margie has passed. I had the priviledge of meeting her once at her home in Conroe. She was a pretty impressive woman and I was very impressed with her foaling skills.

May she watch over all of us next foaling season!

I am so sorry to hear that Margie passed away. She seemed like such a nice lady the number of times I had the pleasure of speaking with her. Condolences to her family.

Carol

I dearly loved Margie. She was truly a fantastic lady. So willing to help anyone who asked -- she gave me some excellent advice at times. I had the privilege of leasing MarJacs Moon Walker for a couple of years. She did have nice horses. Margie will be missed by many.

Rita

I am so sorry to hear this. I only knew her from the Smallest Horse Group, but she sure seemed like a wonderful person.

Susan O.

I am so sorry to hear of Margies passing, but i know that she has suffered alot over the past few years. I spoke with Margie a few months ago after the filly we bought from her had her first foal. I truly feel blessed to have a MarJac mare in my very small broodmare band, she is what Margie bred for - a lady with good conformation in a small package, I will remember Margie for all her help when we were starting out and for her willing and friendly advice. My prayers go out to her family and friends,

[SIZE=12pt]I'm so sorry to hear of her passing and may some bit of comfort be brought to those who knew her by knowing that she's in Gods loving hands.... [/SIZE]

I am so very sorry...I know what a dear friend of yours she was. Condolences to her family and froends. HUGS to all.

I will take all of your posts to her family - I know they will appreciate them. I appreciate them - her loss is and has profoundly difficult fro us. She just deserved so much more happy time with her family and her horses.

Vicki when I just saw this I was in such shock., Just yestarday I was speaking of Margie to another friend in regards to a certain Marjac mare.

For many of us "oldies" here on the forum, Marjac was a very respectable name and Margie a precious lady who adored her stock as her children. A true beautiful person in every way. Godspeed sweet Margie.

default_crybaby.gif

I'm so very sorry to hear Margie passed away.

Margie was one in a million and a friend to many! The mini world, and the world lost a wonderful lady. What many of you don't know is, when my beloved Spuds died, Margie emailed me and offered to GIVE me my choice of her colts! I did not take one of her colts, it was too much and I couldn't let her. But we did happily chat on the phone for hours. Let me tell you, Margie was SWEET, kind, thoughtful, and truely cared. She LOVED her horses with as much passion as me! {{{Hugs}}} and prayers to all her friends and loved ones.

In my heart, I believe where ever there is love for a mini horse, Margie will be there smiling.

Rest in peace sweet lady
default_wub.png

I only knew Margie from the Forum, but do remember that she was universally loved and respected by all who did know her as friend. My sincere condolences to her family and dear friends who will miss her most...

I know she was greeted at the Rainbow Bridge by all her beloved horses who preceeded her.

Margo

Oh, Vickie

I'm so terribly saddened at the news of Margie's passing. She was such an inspirational lady who loved her horses and was willing to help anyone that asked for help.

I was honored to own privately or in partnership several of the MarJac horses including MarJac Moon Walker, MarJacs Moon Chaser and MarJac Blazing Star. I was honored also to name a little colt that had just been born when Jan and I made the trip to visit Margie and pick up Star--I believe she named him MarJac Shimmering Moon AKA Shimmer. He was standing in his stall and the light just made his silver dapple coat just shimmer and I said Margie I just named your colt--Shimmering Moon well it turned out she did name him that.

There was not a more loved and cherished lady in my Miniature Book that helped influence me in the horses I now own.

Margie, peace dear friend, you will be deeply missed here on eath, but you are now in heaven with all you babies. Jack and family know that you are in my thoughts and prayer. Margie is now a jewel in the crown of GOD.

Funeral has been set - Cashner Funeral Home 801 Teas Rd. Conroe TX 77303 visitation Wed. evening 5 to 8PM and funeral on Thursday at 3PM.

May the Peace of God surround her now. A wonderful lady, who knew her horses.

I have Dakota Gold Rush, whom I purchased from her a few years ago. Wonderful stallion and great producer. She was so very loving of him and I have tried to carry on by admiring and caring for him as well as she did.

So very sorry to hear of her passing but, know that she has suffered for a long time and can now rest.

She really was a special lady and loved her horses so. I got my first 3 from her and went back and got 4 more later. Her Star and Reflection will for sure have forever homes here,that I promised Margie when we left with them. My prayers are with her family.

All my love to them Cheryl Ticer

She really was a special lady and loved her horses so. I got my first 3 from her and went back and got 4 more later. Her Star and Reflection will for sure have forever homes here,that I promised Margie when we left with them. My prayers are with her family.

All my love to them Cheryl Ticer

God speed, Margie. My condolences to her family, she was a sweet lady.

Jan

I am so sorry to hear of Margie's passing. I am so very privelged to have gotten to know her and yes she was extremely knowledgeable about these little horses.

My God Bless her family and friends.

Sincerely,

Beth Wirht

Latest posts

Back