Sad news for Oklahoma Family

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a terrible tragedy.

I just purchased a lime green safety vest to wear while out driving. I feel a lot more visible in it than with my other devices.

I wonder if the truck driver will be found to have been on his cell phone... Poor guy.

That is sad. Its not very safe to drive on the hwy but at night its dangerous. Hopefully people will learn from this sad story.

Wow, on the road at 10:40 p.m.? It is pitch black by that time here! I don't like to be on the road even at dusk, because motorists have a hard time seeing you in the light (or lack thereof)! If the sun is in their eyes, you are completely out-of-luck.

We also have a road worker safety vest that one of us wears when we are on the road, but that isn't going to be much help in the middle of the night. There is just so much difference in speed ratio between a motor vehicle and a horse-drawn one or even a tractor! By the time the motorist realizes what you are and how fast you are going, it is too late.

So sad.
default_no.gif

Myrna

This is a sad situation for everyone involved. The family AND the truck driver.

There is no way that he would have seen them and had enough time to react and stop. Like Myrna said the differences in their speeds was so great that he would have seen them only seconds before he hit them.

And he wouldn't have been able to swerve and miss them either. Probably would have rolled the truck on its side and hit them anyway. Swerving in a semi is alot different than swerving in a car or truck.

Back