Rubbing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indian*R*A*I*N*Dance

Reaction score
Yesterday I did a head clip on both of my geldings. I did a neck clip before to sweat them and just needed to get the head hair off! I clipped my 4 year old and he had missing patches of hair underneith. One on the right side of his cheek that looks like a line, one on the bridge of his nose that looks like a horse shoe, then a bunch on his jaw/throat latch area on his left side. I know for a fact that it is not rain rot or ring worm. There is some hair growing back in the patches, it almost looks like he rubbed it off, it just looks like plain skin, nothing abnormal except hes missing hair!. I put some MTG on it yeasterday and were going to send a picture to the vet today. Any other ideas on what it could be? He has never had this issue before and we just had a fecal done and vet out 2 weeks before and nothing was wrong with him. Thanks!

do you keep a halter on him 24/7? if so that may be what the problem is, the constant presence of the halter is leaving rub marks.

This time of year they all rub a lot due to shedding their winter coats. Check for lice though just to be sure

It could also be 2 geldings playing halter tag. I have a couple of full sized horses that play and they have the same hairless spots that you describe.

Latest posts

Back