Rowdy son's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dairygirl

Reaction score
I have a double bred Rowdy son, NFC Rowdy Reigns Supreme. He is the best and still going strong at age 17. I was just wondering how many are still around. Actual daughters and son's.

Can you give ages to please?

I believe "DARRO'S MINIATURES" HAS A ROWDY SON. I BOUGHT A MARE FROM HIM. THEY ARE LOCATED IN TEXAS.

Betty Kennedy who has Gallery Originals in Washington State owns a Rowdy son. His name is NFC's Rowdy's Champion. He was foaled in 1989.

Janet Day

I have a Rowdy daughter - NFC Rowdys Geisha Girl; and SEVERAl Rowdy daughters and a double bred grandson

Thank you Judy for adding the info and your are RIGHT, BECAUSE WE DO HAVE A ROWDY SON THAT WILL BE 19 THIS YEAR IN MAY and his name is NFC Rowdys Fatal Charm
default_new_shocked.gif
. He is still going strong siring some of my best smallest foals ever and you can see them on my website. He is Pictured in my Avatar to the left when he was being shown one year only and I know your Rowdy son I got the Pleasure of clipping one of his daughters for many years when she was shown here in TEXAS. She did very well in the local Texas show and was shown in the AMHA National World Show in Reno, NV.

Thanks For asking and I have several sons of my Rowdy son for sale,
default_aktion033.gif

Darwin Parker

Last edited by a moderator:
I now have a Rowdy grandson (Boogerman's son) thanks to Robin of TrueJoyMinis.

This is an interesting thread.

Anna

Belinda Bagby of Cross Country Miniatures and Shetlands has a Rowdy son, Lazy N Red Boy who will be 27 years old this year - I believe she also has foals expected by him this year if anyone is interested! My stallion, Barracuda is sired by Red Boy and he is a beauty who has done well in the show ring

We have a Rowdy granddaughter (Red Boy daughter) and we LOVE her!

I don't know if this is still the case, but Sawmill River Farms used to own A LOT of Rowdy daughters.

I don't know if this is still the case, but Sawmill River Farms used to own A LOT of Rowdy daughters.
Thank you for mentioning us Maryann!!! Over the years, my parents have owned 12 Rowdy daughters and 2 Rowdy sons. Two of the horses mentioned above, NFC Rowdys Geisha Girl(owned by Erica) and NFC Rowdys Champion(owned by Gallery Originals - Betty Kennedy) were part of our herd at one time. We also owned NFC Rowdys Supreme, who was the dam of NFC Rowdy Reigns Supreme, who is mentioned above as well. Unfortunately we tragically lost Supreme, so she was not here when all the others were. We also owned NFC Rowdys Gem(World Grand Champion), NFC Rowdys Eternal Desire, NFC Rowdys Pretty Penny(all 3 now owned by Martha Hickham - el Rancho Loco), NFC Rowdys Sonnet(owned by Peggy Lloyd), NFC Rowdys Satin Doll, NFC Rowdys Independence,(both owned by Alamo Miniatures) NFC Rowdys Chantilly Lace(owned by Aloha Acres), NFC Rowdys Love Letters(owned by Little King Farm), NFC Rowdys Uptown Girl(deceased, but last owned by MCC Farm), and NFC Rowdys Velvet Ribbon( owned by JSW Farm). The other Rowdy son we owned, in addition to Champion was NFC Rowdys Hot Shot(now owned by Aloha Acres and Mulligans Run Farm).

All of the Rowdy daughters and sons we have had over the years have shaped our breeding and showing program in some way. The Rowdy blood that was passed on to their offspring still runs strong through our herd in the form of daughters, sons, great grandaughters and grandsons, great great grandaughters and grandsons and the list goes on. We have had a few AMHA World and Reserve World Champions come from those Rowdys mares, as well as a 2X AMHA Reserve World Grand Champion. We rely heavily on the Rowdy bloodline to help produce the type of horses that we are trying to raise. A majority of our herd is Rowdy bred. IMO, Rowdy was WAY ahead of his time. He was also gone way before his time too....

Heather at Mulligans Run has a daughter and a son I belive. In fact one of the mares on cam might be a Rowdy daughter. If you go on mare stare and then go to the live cam links or the message board just look for Mulligans Run and you willl find her.

Another Dimension Farm has a Rowdy son, NFCS Remarkable Rowdy that is a 30.25" 19yo. He is sire of the 2003 World Grand Champion and other World and Reserve World Champions and is grandsire of my stallion The Joker.

Thank you Judy for adding the info and your are RIGHT, BECAUSE WE DO HAVE A ROWDY SON THAT WILL BE 19 THIS YEAR IN MAY and his name is NFC Rowdys Fatal Charm
default_new_shocked.gif
. He is still going strong siring some of my best smallest foals ever and you can see them on my website. He is Pictured in my Avatar to the left when he was being shown one year only and I know your Rowdy son I got the Pleasure of clipping one of his daughters for many years when she was shown here in TEXAS. She did very well in the local Texas show and was shown in the AMHA National World Show in Reno, NV.

Thanks For asking and I have several sons of my Rowdy son for sale,
default_aktion033.gif

Darwin Parker
I SAW that SWEET...SWEET 2008 colt by Charm...VERY NICE!
default_yes.gif

We have a 28.25" Rowdy grandson, Mini Bits Diamonds Blaze, foaled 1993.

He is sired by NFC Rowdy Eclipse

Blaze4.jpg

Thanks everyone for the info. Glad to know I'm not the only Rowdy fan in the crowd. I love my old guy and want to keep every filly I get off of him. Husband will kill me, but hey life has to end sometime. LOL.

got my first one last week, locked in at the shoulder and with God's help and perfect timing I was able to wake up on time, run barefoot across stinging grass,( and not get stung) and help get the baby out all in the first 5 minutes of my day. Things couldn't have happen any better if Rosie ( mare) and I had planned it all out.

This is my Rowdy son. Little America Rocky Rowdy. This photo was taken in May of last year, we drove him in a parade that day. Folks just loved him, he is so full of life hard to tell he is 26 years old this year.

We love Rowdy as well and have many mares that are daughters of Rocky Rowdy, some of Rowdys Inspiration. Currently we are breeding his daughters to Alamo Streakers Mime and getting some awesome foals. Nearly all our herd has Rowdy in them as well at varying degrees. We have one linebred son of his who is gorgeous and is breeding age this year. We have another son OSCAR who is a nice colt, small and ultra refined. He is bred to two Mime daughters for this year, but unfortunately one has had a red bag and we could not save the filly, the other mare, Miracle (we think she is bred) will foal in May/June.

Rocky has produced many Regional, Nationals Champions, Top Tens and is sire to HOF mare Rowdys Mia Mercedes owned by Magic Mist miniatures.

th_RockyRowdyaged25May192007.jpg

Oops, sorry the photo is so small

I have a great grandson of Rowdy. His dam is a daughter of Lazy N Red Boy. His name is Cross Country New Kid In Town.
default_yes.gif
I finally got his AMHA papers back so now can get him AMHR registered as well.
default_biggrin.png

Three Rowdy sons for us. Reb -Commander- and Flyn High. Reb is still here and always will be. He is my favorite.

They are the foundation of everything, for us. We have used Buckeroo son on their daughters to produce our broodmares. Go Rowdy
default_aktion033.gif

Back