rope halters for minis and large horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speckles

Reaction score
Hi all, am not sure who in the USA makes rope halters for minis and large horses. I was wondering who currently uses them and where you could recommend to purchase them from.

Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated!

Sandra

This is a EASY one without a doubt PARELLI Rope Halters are the Best.

I have never seen such Great Quality in Rope Halters

www.parelli.com

I got the silvertip ones from Ozark, and its great!

Ive also made my own
default_wink.png

I use them and think the ones that work the best are the rope halters that have two small knots on the actual noseband, not just the ones at the corners. I got mine from my natural horsemanship instructor but I think they are Parelli or Clinton Anderson.

Amanda

I haven't used them myself, but have heard good things about Sunset halters. [sorry, I don't have a link.]

I absolutely love the rope halters but prefer the ones that are soft and flexible. Most that I have seen at shows are very hard. I have parelli halters for my big horses but they only offer one size for a mini and it is more for a b sized mini. I did find a place that will custom make halters of any size. You just send the measurements. www.silverdollarqh.com They are the same quality of the parelli halters.

I am very satisfied with them with all the mini tack and big horse tack I have bought from them.

Edited to say that I just looked up the ebay listing and those are made out of utility rope not the marine rope. The marine rope is much more supple.

Last edited by a moderator:
We at SOS have been supporting and using he "cowboy" rope halters for over 10 years. Our supplier is also the hands behind a lot of tack dealers. Contact me for name or if enough orders (over 100) I can put them in with my order for the Feb. sale.

www.sosranch.net

i have a rope halter for my mini, an di got it from tsc, i duno if you guys have that store around there.

Personally I now use the Parelli halters. I agree with "whimsical" that the best halters are made using the marine rope. It stays supple and flexible, and holds up best to the horses' sweat. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back