Rope halter picture

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The line of draft is wrong with rope halters on minis, so that adds to pressure points.
Poorly adjusted web halters can do damage as well, just not quite as easily. The web halter noseband should only be a finger width or two below the prominent cheek bone.
The cheekpieces could stand to be a bit longer on this halter, so the throat strap could actually lay in the throatlatch; but the noseband is in a good position, just below the bony prominence on the cheek.

Attachments

• Dolly - Sept 25, 2018 - burgandy 200 mini halter.jpg
    Dolly - Sept 25, 2018 - burgandy 200 mini halter.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 0
Good information Marsha and Chandab. I need some new halters and currently there are only two types available locally. One type is really cheaply made and the other has hardware that is the same size as for a full size horse, too heavy for minis. Will need to shop online. Any recommendations?

Edited to add, I'm looking for web halters.

Mintack.com has web halters.
Chimacum tack has some nice halters, size 100 or 200 probably for most minis (check their sizing chart or inquire with them for good fit for you minis size).
I've bought a couple from Chick's Saddlery during sales.

Does Mr Mike's Tack Shack have a website? I've only worked with him through FB.
Not that I know of. I've bought from them at the World Show, but I know most people go through FB. They are really nice halters though.

Latest posts

Back