Horse show stall doors

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzy Q

Reaction score
Hi all! For those of you who show, what do you do when you go to overnight shows? Most places have standard horse size stalls, and my minis are much happier when they can look out. Do you bring metal stall grates and mount them? Use stall guards? Not worry about them? Thanks!

I'm no help because I trailer in for the day at shows. Even if it's two days. But I do know that people keep more than one mini in each stall, for the most part. That probably helps a lot with any anxiety about not being able to see out the door.

Welcome Suzy Q! Beautiful horse in your avatar!

When we showed overnight, our minis stayed in the stalls as built, we did not add anything to the stall structure. Two minis were allowed per stall and always seemed comfortable behind the stall door.

I think the door provided a bit of a sanctuary for them. All of a horse show’s energy - people, horses, loudspeakers, wheelbarrows, buckets, and just the constant busyness of a show is exhausting.

Hi all! For those of you who show, what do you do when you go to overnight shows? Most places have standard horse size stalls, and my minis are much happier when they can look out. Do you bring metal stall grates and mount them? Use stall guards? Not worry about them? Thanks!
I don't usually worry about it if I am only going to be at a show for 1-2 nights, but any longer and I have horses who need to see other horses and what is going on. Putting up a temporary stall front is much easier than stalling two together.
If you are on there, look around on the Facebook mini horse show groups for the portable stall guard panels. I have seen some people build PVC gates, others use the lightweight metal panels. The metal panels are my favorite. I wish I had some, but you can also cut cattle panels or I have even seen metal garden panels being used. Whatever you choose or find, they really are good for letting the horses see out and especially beneficial when you are at the show barn for 4-7 days. In some newer show barns, they are making the stalls with clear fronts for that reason.

Back