room air purifiers ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JO~*

Reaction score
I got a therapure 201M at Wal Mart about three weeks ago for about $100.00. I really can not tell if it helps or not.

What works for you, or what did not work for you.

Its would be for the bedroom.

I wake up in the morning with itchy eyes, plugged up nose and even itchy ears sometimes.

It seems to be worse when I let my Poms sleep in my room. Normally they sleep in the livingroom.

Thanks.

I have sharper image ionic breezes and I love them. I love that you don't have to buy filters for it. I think they definately help. Our house is dusty, damp and moldy, and I have two dogs and I have allergies to just about everything I mentioned (except dogs)...when we stay somewhere else...even in our area, I wake up with my allergies worse, so I definately think they help.

We use two Filter Queens in the house........one in the bedroom, which runs

all day long on low speed and about 2 hours before bedtime I turn it to high

be sure the air is clean before bedtime..

The one in the living area just runs on low.

I have heard recently that the ionic cleaners are bad for the enviroment -

but have to say I like the fresh 'scent' they leave in the room better.

None of the ones I have now are ionic but in the past I have had them and they

say they leave a fresh after the rain feel to the air and I have to agree.

Personally, we don't use anything. But I have heard much talk from our church family including our 2 Pastors bragging anout the Hydra Home Cleaning System. It will purify a home up tooo.... I think they said 1800 sq. ft. (??) It was a large home area anyways. It also vaccuums, etc. We almost got one, but had other expenses to consider 1st. They are quite pricy, but easy payments can be made.

~Karen

We use a Holmes brand air purifier with a HEPA filter in our bedroom. We really like it alot. unfortunately, it's hard to find filters for this brand.

Jo - you might try keeping your Poms out of your bedroom at night. They may be contributing to your allergies. I know I have to keep my Corgi out because she sheds so much
default_wink.png
:

Equisize - I don't think it's the Ionic cleaners that are bad for the environment - it's the ozone cleaners.

we had an ozone cleaner on a trial period and we sent it back the next day. the ozone that it produces can have a negative effect on your lungs after a period of time, even though it may smell better initially...

Any air purifier/cleaner you buy should have a HEPA filter in it. those filters are the best for people with allergies - me included!! :saludando:

So, in summary, I DO believe that the right kind of air purifier does really help the quality of your indoor air.

You need an air cleaner with a good filter to trap the impurities. HEPA is good. A filter with charcoal is great but those are expensive. About five years ago I bought two Oreck air cleaners. After a few days my mouth had a metallic taste in it & food did not taste good. It also left a black film on the mirrors, windows & anything glass.. Yes the air felt clean sometimes but the side affects were horrible. I was able to return them......................................Edited to add this link to get you started http://masterhandyman.com/columndetails.cfm?pubdate=20050326

Last edited by a moderator:
Living Air...the BEST...you can find used on Ebay...they last forever...

I looked on Ebay, they changed the name of the product...Ecoquest Living Air or Ecoquest Fresh Air here is an ad I found for a new one:

New In Box for 2007 (trademarked and date stamped '07)

** Why buy 2007? State-of-the Art technology with 3 major improvements. It will cost more but you will have the latest technology!!

The Safest, Most Sought-After

Air Purifier in the World

Fresh Air by EcoQuest

Model 2.1 * V 3.2 -

Now with:

FREE HEPA/Harsh Environment Pad

RCI Technology

Soft Touch Remote - over 20 settings!!

Advanced Electrostatic Filter

Sanitation Mode

Sugested Retail Price : $849.00

NEW Fresh Air Supercharge Technology Effective Up to 99.99% Against Germs, Viruses,Mold & Bacteria on Surfaces

Covers over 3000 sq. ft

Unlike others that only cover 500 sq. ft.

Fresh clean smelling air and safer environment at the press of a button. With Fresh Air technology, contaminants are reduced on surfaces like kitchen counters and doorknobs, smoke is eliminated, and odors disappear. Fresh Air by EcoQuest gives you three ways to improve your indoor environment.

Now three ways to improve your indoor environment

· Normal Mode uses the exclusive RCI technology to product low-level safe oxidizers and superoxide ions for basic, everyday applications.

· High Mode adds the power of activated oxygen for faster coverage and increased elimination of smoke, odor, and surface contaminants.

· With a built-in timer, the Away Mode increases the maximum output of activated oxygen for incredible effectiveness in unoccupied areas.

This NEW 2007 ECOQUEST FRESH AIR PURIFIER can be used just about anywhere: Homes, RV's, boats, autos, classrooms, stores, laboratories, kennels, nail and beauty salons, garages, clubs, restaurants, hotel rooms, dental offices...the possiblities are endless!

Fast, reliable, UPS shipping. INSURANCE INCLUDED in shipping and handling. Or choose quicker USPS Priority Insured.

We ship worldwide. Please request separate price for specific destination outside US.

We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase, so feel free to ask all questions before you buy. We will promptly respond to emails.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back