Mirror

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Some discussion recently about using a mirror for a horse that is an "only". I bought a regular door mirror. Husband mounted it on plywood screwed to the perlan. When I first took Bill out to see it, he sniffed it then ran out of the lean to. This morning I saw him sleeping in the corner by it. This afternoon I peeked around and he was standing with his nose almost on it. I don't know what he thinks about it; we'll see how it works out. It is positioned horizontally so it is off the ground. The mirror is firmly screwed to the plywood so it is not flimsy.

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    977.9 KB · Views: 1
I went to visit family in Vancouver. My husband said Billy could be found looking in his mirror while I was gone. I got home last night and could tell he didn't even want to leave his "friend" long enough to do his business outside. I windexed it so he can now see himself better. A good brushing and some scratch time and he is out and about now.

Attachments

• billy's mirror.jpg
    billy's mirror.jpg
    889.6 KB · Views: 1
I went to visit family in Vancouver. My husband said Billy could be found looking in his mirror while I was gone. I got home last night and could tell he didn't even want to leave his "friend" long enough to do his business outside. I windexed it so he can now see himself better. A good brushing and some scratch time and he is out and about now.
Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? Billy!!😁

I'm with you on that. As much as I'd like another equine, worrying about whether they would fit in and get along, or, cause chaos, stops me. Plus, I've never gotten a free animal that didn't cost me a lot of time, worry, headaches, and money to boot.
Couldn't agree more! I think the reason is our standard of care. Often (not always!) these guys come from situations of neglect. Always, there's an element of maintenance and tack to provide. Falcor has come to me in good health, but to kit out a driving pony properly and safely costs thousands!

Latest posts

Back