Roan or Appy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windwalker

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me if roans have blotchy spots kinda like an appy or is she a roan appy?

She has no mottling around the eyes or nose or under her tail..I have never seen spots like this on a roan except it be an appy..Just curious to see what anyone has to say...

Thanks

photo.JPG

Looks appy to me. Does she have any stripes on her hooves?

Looks appy to me too!
default_biggrin.png
Does she have any pintaloosa in her background? How old is she?

Appy for sure!!!! With all those spots I would say she is a Near Leopard. She is very pretty though I wish I had her color pattern on a mare or two of mine
default_smile.png

Thanks Everyone for your replies..I'm thinking about buying this mare and by the pictures i see no appy mottiling but the pictures arent that clear and I cant see her feet good either...She is 17 years old and her registered name is Sweetwaters Lil Gold Flower.AMHA.Thanks

she is a beautiful Id be happy to have an appy like that in my herd too
default_yes.gif

I bet she has white sclera around both eyes? Looks Appy to me- any idea what color her sire and dam were?

Her Sire is Johnstons Super Charger and her Dam is Plumbar Melody..Here is her AMHA number if anyone can tell me if there is appy in her background..A59353

Thanks for looking her up and letting me know...Like you said I do believe people dont bother with changing the colors on there horses..I would love to breed her to an appy stud to see what she will produce...Thanks

She has always been bred to pintos or solids and produced solids and pintos...Curious to see if an appy is in there...lol...

Latest posts

Back