Road trip yesterday to pick up the boys!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Last night I tried to type this all out but I was so exhausted that somehow I deleted part of my text and I just gave up....lol....so here I am for the 2nd try...

Yesterday Deb and I met up with Erin (MooreAcres here on the forum) with her truck and our trailer at 8 AM. Our 1st stop was to pick up Kim (CrabbyChicken)'s mare from Oak Bay Acres. We wanted to look at some horses, but they seemed in a rush, so we only saw Salsa (their stallion) from "afar" in the pasture...lol No biggie...we'll just stop over there another day.

Brought Charm up and met Kim with her trailer off the highway. Chatted for a bit, but needed to get back on the road. BTW, Charm is a beautiful mare!
default_wub.png

We, of course had to take a few potty/food/drink/gas breaks along the way. Up in the Seattle area, the highways and traffic are terrible and the GPS even messed up
default_wacko.png
so we ended up taking a few unintended detours....LOL! Now I remember why I rarely go up there.
default_rolleyes.gif

We finally made it to StarValley Ranch/ Triple Heart Ranch. Syndi is at Worlds, but her hubby Les showed us around and we met (and saw him move in the arena....Margos new stallion SMHC masquerade
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
!!!
default_wub.png
We then went over to Margo's and saw her broodmares and chatted with her. Had Jet and Guiness in the trailer so figured we better get on the road again!

They hauled very nicely and were calm when we stopped for breaks. I am sure they are tired of being in trailers, tho! LOL They have been on 2 long trips (Guiness from MN to Tulsa; then Tulsa to WA and Jet from PA to Tulsa; then Tulsa to WA) and now this trip...poor guys...LOL

Finally made to the farm where I am boarding them. Got the boys settled in and chatted with Maryann for a bit. It was dark so we didnt get to see the farm (well, we have seen it...Erin wanted to see Cowboy).

By the time we finally knocked off our shoes at home it was 10 PM! We were exhausted!! But, it was a really fun day and I am SOOOO happy to finally have Jet and Guiness here!!!!
default_wub.png

We took some pics, but will add later...lol

Edited to add pics:

Me and "the boys" (ugh....don't look at me...ick!! )

guinessandjethome011.jpg

Deb and "the boys"

guinessandjethome024.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics pics we all want pics
default_new_shocked.gif
default_biggrin.png
Linda you can't do that, throw out these tasty tidbits and not show us pics
default_biggrin.png
Congratulations on your new horses and please post pics so we can see them in all their glory
default_biggrin.png

Yvonne

Sounds like fun!

Where are you keeping Jet and Guiness now?

I'm kind of bummed that the annual Beach Driver's thing fell through this year. Hopefully we can get it organized for next year.

Daryl

Congrats on picking up your boys!!! Road trips are a lot of fun, but very tiring. I bet it feels great waking up knowing you can pop over and see the guys anytime you want now!!!

LindaL said:
Our 1st stop was to pick up Kim (CrabbyChicken)'s mare from Oak Bay Acres. We wanted to look at some horses, but they seemed in a rush, so we only saw Salsa (their stallion) from "afar" in the pasture...lol No biggie...we'll just stop over there another day.
Was this a mare she was buying, or one she'd had there for breeding? I want to go visit Oak Bay sometime soon as I now have one of their horses. Seems like I should pay a little more attention to Eddie and co. now that he's in the family!
default_biggrin.png

LindaL said:
Up in the Seattle area, the highways and traffic are terrible and the GPS even messed up
default_wacko.png
so we ended up taking a few unintended detours....LOL! Now I remember why I rarely go up there.
default_rolleyes.gif
Hey now, the highways aren't THAT bad! The traffic, yes, but the roads themselves are fine. You want confusing, try Portland. Ugh! I've gotten lost there with a horse trailer and it is not fun!
default_wink.png

BigDogs & LittleHorses said:
I'm kind of bummed that the annual Beach Driver's thing fell through this year. Hopefully we can get it organized for next year.
So it did fall through? I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully next year I'll have at least one horse in harness and we can make it happen again. I missed the Oregon crew!

Linda, congratulations on your new guys! Can't wait to meet them.
default_wub.png

Leia

Thanks Linda, Deb and Erin for picking up my girl! SOOOOO hoping for a Charm/ Salsa baby next summer. That would be awesome!!!

Glad you got the boys home safe and sound. I HATE long trips like that. Always makes me nervous.

Glad to hear that you got Guiness and Jet Set finally home. I bet jJet Set is exhausted also since he was here in Pa then traveled to Tulsa and was shown at Nationals then hauled out to the western states of the USA. He probably wonders what the heck is going on with all this moving around.

It wouldn't take him long to adjust I am sure once he gets rested up from the trip.

We are both axious to see him in harness next year in Futurity and Super G Futurity at the Nationals, you will have to make sure to sustain him for regular Futurity for 2010 in March and April for Super G Futurity.

He will be awesome in harness
default_smile.png

Keep in touch of his progress as well and it was very nice meeting you all at Nationals
default_saludando.gif
If you need anything, give Scott a call and he can go over the details on how to set him up for halter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! I was gonna go out to the barn today and see them and take more pics, but I have some sort of tummy virus going on....bleh!!
default_no.gif
I can't wait to work with them myself...been a long time since I have done that. Kind of kewl, too...Maryann has the stuff for obstacle and jumping there at her place, so we'll be training both of them for that as well.

Daryl...They are at Maryann Lewis's place (Farmyard Frolic...home of now 23 yr old Dels Cowboy!
default_wub.png
)

Kim...That baby will be awesome!! Fingers crossed that she took!
default_smile.png

Leia...Charm was there for breeding...she is a lovely palomino! Come on down and we'll take a trip there!
default_biggrin.png
And, no way...Portland traffic is no where near as scary as Seattle area's....LOL!
default_wink.png

No fair, you got to play with everyone I would die to meet! including you! Well heck, glad you made it home finally safe and sound with some very precious cargo.

I had so much fun on that road trip. Laughed and talked horses the whole time, met some awesome horse, and people too! Les was a totally sweetheart, so kind to show us all over the place. He even went down to Margot Cahills place with up (Star Valley Farm) and went tromping thru the field to catch a lil grey mare that I wanted to see a bit closer. And she was a beauty! That Masquerade stallion is to die for. But being from SMHC its no wonder why he moves that fantastic! Good day all around, but boy was I tired from driving all day. Pulled out of my driveway at 7.20am and didn't pull back into until 10.30pm. LONG DAY! But very much worth it.

Linda, be sure to let me know when you are going back out there to MaryAnns. I hope to go this week, but might have to wait until next week as I need to get hay and such over the next few days.

Erin

Erin....THANK YOU again sooooo much for driving and letting us use your truck!! It was fun getting to chat with you along the way. We need to plan more road trips.....LOL!
default_wink.png

Thanks to all of you guys for bring Charm home. It does sound like a lonnnnggg tiring, but fun day!!!! Erin I can't believe you did throw someone in the trailer along the way!!!!!

Kim,

Trust me, if money hadn't been an issue, there would have been few coming home with me that day!!!

Latest posts

Back