Rita Jenkins (WeeOkie Miniatures)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a plan! I can't separate stallions on my 3 horse slant trailer too well, other then tie them away from each other, once at home they'll be in wooden big horse stalls, or if need be I can take a stock trailer and get everything in there.

It's a sad situation and I would do a lot to help someone, because I know if I needed it people would help me.

I'm so sorry Rita
I would bet it would be fine. I haul stallions all the time w/o dividers. The first couple hauls are always a little loud but they get used to it. And I bet these boys have probably already worked out their "issues". I just wish I was closer or I would be there.

HGfarm mentioned fenceing...if we could help with that..It is probably what would be best and what Rita would perfer. I know if it was me that is what I would want...instead of worring about my horses being here and there...or at least try not to have them place in too many different homes so it will be easier for her to keep up with.

I think we could easily put at least 25 in the pasture next to me...and then I could put some out with my mares. Just want to do it with the least amount of worry for Rita.

Is there someone that will be in charge of organizing help and someone to be a contact person. I am sure Rita and Hugh are overwhelmed.

I posted on FB page and have had responses of folks willing to send supplies.. one gal going to a benefit auction next weekend that sells mini items. If there is someone that can start a FB page for them to let needs be known or something that would be really helpful.

My thoughts and prayers are will all of you down there. I can't imagine the fear as these storms approach.

Hugs to Rita... so glad you are SAFE!

I would bet it would be fine. I haul stallions all the time w/o dividers. The first couple hauls are always a little loud but they get used to it. And I bet these boys have probably already worked out their "issues". I just wish I was closer or I would be there.

Yeah and youre alittle south of me. You could always get some from me, when I bring them down.

Witts- True, but I really wouldn't know which way to turn if that happened to me.
default_no.gif

Charlotte and I are taking feed, hay, buckets and feeders to Rita and Hugh this afternoon. All of their round bales blew away as well as feeders and buckets. Talked to Tiffany just a little while ago. What they mainly need right now is fencing. They would prefer to keep horses there if at all possible. We are going to look over the horses and see which ones may be in need of vet care.

Will keep everyone posted.

Charlotte and I are taking feed, hay, buckets and feeders to Rita and Hugh this afternoon. All of their round bales blew away as well as feeders and buckets. Talked to Tiffany just a little while ago. What they mainly need right now is fencing. They would prefer to keep horses there if at all possible. We are going to look over the horses and see which ones may be in need of vet care.

Thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update. Sounds like LB forum is really helping them out.

That is what I thought. Didn't think about all the buckets, feeders and stuff blowing away...gezzzzzzzz I am sure what she could use most is manuel help...let me know if I can help with anything and I left her a message so if she wants me to take a few horses to lighten her load I surely will. Also with the manuel stuff...whatever if I can do it I will.

Becky would you or Charlotte please kep me updated...I am worried sick about them...let me know how they are holding up...please give them a hug for me

Just saw Rita's big horse on the news here, looks like his adventure in the swimming pool didn't hurt him physically. Becky/Charlotte, when you are there assess what she needs and let us know...will be glad to send supplies.

Jan

Can we get an address (assuming postal service may be interrupted) where we can send money to buy fencing supplies, feed, hay, whatever. I can understand wanting to keep the horses there.

Maybe there is a Western Union that is up and running in the area that would be easy for Rita to get to?

Can we get an address (assuming postal service may be interrupted) where we can send money to buy fencing supplies, feed, hay, whatever. I can understand wanting to keep the horses there.

Maybe there is a Western Union that is up and running in the area that would be easy for Rita to get to?

I have her address but do not know about the postal service....

The biggest thing Becky and I saw that was needed is portable panels to make temporary pens for the horses and people to set them up. they are all crammed together...the horses. Then something to store feed and hay in. Then probably round bales.

Charlotte

Tell Rita we are so very sorry and will be sending a donation to help with what ever they need! We had a tornado here just 3 weeks ago and it did a lot of damage to several of our friends and neighbors! We were spared! Sending lots of prayers!

Bill & Wanalynn

I was thinking along the same lines. If they could get a post office box temporarily we could send money orders or checks so they could purchase immediate needs to get fencing, feed, supplies, etc. Possibly their bank could set up a fund to send donations to. Does anyone know what farm supply stores are nearest to them? People could purchase gift cards to those and also the places that specialize in tack.

The address to send donations is on the new topic that was started - "UPDATE......"

The biggest thing Becky and I saw that was needed is portable panels to make temporary pens for the horses and people to set them up. they are all crammed together...the horses. Then something to store feed and hay in. Then probably round bales.

Charlotte

Charlotte, did you see/talk to Rita? I have been so worried about her, is their home totally gone? I have been trying to think of things I could do, thought about getting some of them she wants to sell and try selling them for her...and then I thought if her house is gone her registration papers may be gone as well.
default_sad.png

I am SO SORRY to hear this! I think Rita farm was hit by another storm not so many years ago, not nearly a bad as this one obviously. I wished I were closer. Perhaps some cattle panels to make pens would help?

I will check the other post for where to send some money.

Latest posts

Back