RIP My little Man-Kodie

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
Our cat Kodie pasted away Thur. He was 16 yrs old. He was our first pet when we lived in an apartment. We where 2 kids buying him. barely could pay the rent but had to have this cat. He did everyting with us. He has seen so many animals and shared everything with us. We even had him in our wedding pics.

He was in deep kidney failure. We kept him a live as long as we could with fluids. But after a yr we knew his fight was over. I miss him so much!

I hope he is with my mom in heaven.

His name is Kodie but he some how got the nick name Kodie Nanz aka "the nanz" Not sure how it came to be.

One of my best memories is me and my mom putting him in a santa suit for xmas cards. I will have to find the pic. ANd right before my mom passed I showed her the pic and we both cried!!!

THanks for letting me share. I attached a pic of him a few months ago before he got too bad. My husband would take him outside everynight while he worked on stuff in the garage. Kodie loved it!!! The pic is him in the garage just hangin with my husband. Kodie would drink his water and hang with the dog and make friends with the outside cats. But ever hr we had to bring him inside to go to the bathroom. He refused to use the litter box we had set up for him! lol

RIP

104_2261.jpg

104_2263.jpg

He sure was a pretty cat and he lived a good, long life. It's just so sad when their health starts to fail and we know they won't be with us much longer. So sorry for your loss!

I am so sorry you lost your family member. He had such a sweet face. When I lost our big calico Monkey, I think I cried everyday for 6 months. And lots after too. It is such a loss.

Oh that is so sad, what a beautiful cat! I'm sorry for your loss.

(((HUGS)))))

Anna

Sounds like he had a wonderful and fun life with you. Blessings......

Thanks so much. Even going back and reading the posts brings tears to my eyes
default_sad.png

He had a wonderful life with you guys and I am so sorry for your loss!! You will have many fond memories of him, and he was well loved. It sure leaves a big gap in your heart when you lose a pet of any kind. They are all family too.
default_wub.png
Hugs to you guys.

I am so sorry for your loss, it is so hard to lose a pet, because they are a member of the family. They will always hold a special place in our hearts and they are never truly gone, as we carry the memories of them with us daily.

The joy they bring into your life is the true reward, I know too well how hard it is to lose a family member, as we had to put our 15 year old Aussie, Molly, to sleep in April, and that was the hardest decision I have had to make, It breaks my heart everyday to go outside and Molly not be there to greet me. Sorry, not being very inspirational, am I?

Kodie is no longer in pain and someday you will meet up again, I know that is small consolation, just cherish the memories.

Please know my thoughts are with you and your husband at this difficult time. Hugs to you all.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful boy he was. You certainly have some wonderful memories. We lost our Larry Boy back in the winter to kidney failure. He was diagnosed with it 3 yrs.prior and we did fluids on him for only about a month and then he started living a normal life again. Eventually he started having trouble again 3 years later. We sure do miss that kitty cat.

Back