RIP 1982-2008

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relic

Reaction score
Our old girl Becky we bought as a long yearling standing all of 29" tall back then and when mature took her last breath last night. She was never sick a day in her life but since this past summer and more so the past few weeks lost most of her body weight even with eating steady and being stalled and wearing a coat or two 24/7 to keep her warm as much as possible she just kept dropping the pounds till she felt like a bag of bones under the hair. She was vet checked some tests run but nothing much came back as to an answer so we debated if we should just have her put down as she looked real bad but her mind was intact and sharp as usual and she still wanted to be out and about with her buddies during the nicer days and she seemed happy. l watched her on the cam last night and she was nervous pacing and going round and round in the stall my head was thinking this reminds me of when mares are looking to go down and foal. Then she layed in the far corner where l could only see part of her and l went out to visit and bring warm water. When l unhooked her gate she lifted her head put it down and that was it nothing more. We're all going to miss her she's my third older mare to die in the past few years. l remember very well the day we first got her home..she was the filly from heck from the start and in years to come was the boss of everyone...

Becky2008.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl.
default_wub.png

Oh Relic, I'm so sorry. We bought a group of mares when we first started in minis and 2 of them were old then and have never done anything here except boss the others around (they have earned the right to their retirement) I have been watching one of them this winter and she is slowing down. I have gotten attached to the old girls and my mare herd will not be the same when their time comes. I dread that day. It does sound like your Becky had a peaceful passing tho, all any of us can hope for I guess.

Dawn,

So sorry to hear of the loss of your precious girl
default_no.gif
"Run with the angels Becky"
default_hypocrite.gif

Shelly

She's was beautiful, very sorry to hear you lost her. It's a year ago today we lost Gretz, and we still miss him like crazy ... heck, it's been over 11 years since Bunny died, the special ones never really leave you.

I'm sure you have babies and grand-babies to carry on her legacy. Thinking of you guys.

Oh my. I am so sorry. I hope your good memories bring you ease and you know she left here at peace with you watching over her.

Charlotte

I'm so sorry for your loss - it sounds like she got to say goodbye. She was a beautiful mare.

I am so sorry for your loss, wishing her God Speed and Beautiful Green pastures and Sunshine

Bless her heart & YOURS

Thinking of you,

Janice Silvio

What a pretty, precious mare your Becky was. I have been there before, and it's true that the special ones never really leave you. My heart goes out to you.

Oh Relic, I'm so very sorry that you lost your precious Becky. What a wise looking, beauitiful girl!

It has been just a couple of weeks since our Sunshyne passed away - even though I knew it was time - it seems so empty without her.

Hugs as you mourn the loss of your special, Becky.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} I am so sorry about the loss of you special little mare. She was blessed to have lived for so long with one owner. What a beauty she was.

Latest posts

Back