Ridges - ITS PINK!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

So I've been keeping an eye on Sweety still and took photos of her bits but didn't upload them as they looked the same. 247 days today according to sept dates. I've decreased her feed to about a 1/4 of what she was getting but I'm assuming I wont see any size change if this is when baby is supposed to start growing fast, she'll probably look the same. She still looks quite dropped so I think she will be getting gravel rash on her belly when the baby does drop for real. Still a lovely girl tho
default_wub.png
If I hadn't had the vet out I'd still be wondering about Bindi. Her fur is so long and thick it makes her look so fat! Poor girl, after being 'examined' she ran back down the paddock to Sweety, farting loudly with every trot bounce. She has such a beautiful spunky trot but the noise just ruined it
default_new_rofl.gif

In other news I decided to get my a into g and finish this breast collar I started. Bit of tweeking to the collar and making a halter to match. Still waiting on a couple more supplies before I can finish it but am having so much fun I've decided to start making them to sell. I've asked Wazza's new mum if he can model it for me since he's always nice and clipped and she's happy with that. Hopefully he looks absolutely gorgeous in it
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait until you share pictures of your new handywork!! And of course, we MUST see Wazza modeling it!

Looking forward to seeing new pics of Wazza with his swish accessory!

Your like me....I see no reason to run unless someone is chasing me or a horse gets loose but if a horse gets loose I just run to the feed room and shake a bucket !!!...even then I have to go take a nap!

haha. You sometimes wonder how far horses think things through when they escape but can't resist food to be trapped again lol.

Almost got the house ready to put on the market and we've decided we want to make our lifestyle in the new house less stressful. Hubby sold all his goats the other day to the breeder we originally got them from 3 years ago, which he found really hard since you get attached to them. He suggested I consider finding homes for the girls so we wouldn't have any big animals to look after at the new house. I said I would "consider" it........... BAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! No, they're staying lol

Just tell him the girls make life stress free...... after they give you stress and then take it away
default_new_rofl.gif

haha I keep telling him the breeding is the stressful thing, and its not going to happen here again.

So nothing much is happening here. Sweety looks like she maybe getting a bit more toned but she still has that pointy look so maybe i've ruined her tummy muscles by giving her too much food and the baby has just plopped out a bit.

Haven't finished this set yet but thought I'd share what I'm up to. Still waiting for some gold plated dangly things for the collar and have only done the nose band but its starting to come together. Question for the Viking Woman, what price do you think I should put on it? This gold/orange set is going to Wazza's mum when I'm finished, so I feel guilt free for harassing her, but I have purchased enough supplies to do 4 more sets. Different colours tho. All will have brass fittings. They are going to be;

Avocado green with Jasper beads

Burgundy with Citrine Beads

Black with Lapis Lazuli Beads

Beige with Black Onyx Beads

DSC_0038.jpg

I've decided when we're settled into our new house I want to get a gelding, riding pony, approx. 10 - 12hh and totally kid desensitised. Now, to see if I can hold off for that long!!!! Probably sounds a bit random but I miss having a boy around.

I think I'll let hubby know once its in our paddock coz asking for forgiveness is much easier than permission right?
default_new_rofl.gif

Lookin' good!!

The sets (halter and collar) on my guys tend to be about $300+ as a base price, they climb depending on materials and time. Given that she is "a pro" (no offence to you of course!) maybe price yours below that? I knew of some for awhile where the collars went for $80 and the halters $50 and they seemed to move at a decent pace. I've seen a lot of "not pros" pricing themselves very high and I don't think it does them any favours. Ultimately since we can't use the collars in the ring they are a bit of a photo accessory and don't have the widest market, you'll want to be fairly priced AND nice to stand out
default_smile.png

Hope that helps a bit!

Thanks, that advice does give me more of an idea. I knew I was right to ask a serial set buyer.
default_new_rofl.gif
No offence taken, I think I'd be deluded to think I was a pro before I'd even finished one set lol. Just a matter of slowly figuring out how everything is done, this is one area where NOBDODY seems to want to upload their tricks onto youtube
default_new_rofl.gif

They are fabulous Hayley - Wazza is going to look so smart and when everyone sees him I'm sure you will get lots more orders!
default_yes.gif

Thanks Anna! I've decided I don't 100% like that round brass pendant on the front so I've ordered some different shaped ones to see which one looks better. They're coming from the US, so at this rate I should have it finished by xmas lol.

I am a tad addicted to my sets
default_whistling.gif
and my halter maker does not make it any easier always uploading pics of new awesome ones! I should stop looking!
default_thud.gif

Wow Hayley, that is fantastic. I can't wait to see it being modelled bu Wazza
default_smile.png

Yep I agree, slip the gelding in and hubby might not even notice
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back