RESULTS OF OUR PINTO STUD.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
HELLO,

WE HAD OUR CREMELLO PINTO TESTED TO SEE IF HE WAS CREMELLO OR PRELINO.

DSC02567-1.jpg

RESULTS BELOW.

SO IS HE CREMELLO OR PRELINO?IF I AM READING THE TEST RIGHT, HE IS PRELINO?

THANKS

[SIZE=10pt]Velvet Farms Kiowas Dusty Special[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]LWO nn[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]
Red Factor Ee

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]
Agouti Aa

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Cream CrCr[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Result Guide:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]LWO[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]OO[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Tested homozygous positive for the lethal white overo gene. LETHAL condition.[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]nO[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Both normal and overo alleles detected. Horse tested heterozygous for LWO and can be considered an overo carrier.[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]nn[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Tested negative for the overo gene. Horse can be considered a non-carrier.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Red Factor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]ee[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Only the red factor detected. The horse tested homozygous for red pigment. The basic color is chestnut or sorrel, but depending on genes at other color loci, the horse could be red dun, palomino, cremello, gray or white.[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]Ee[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Both black and red factors detected. The horse tested heterozygous for the red factor. It can transmit either E or e to its offspring. The basic color of the horse will be black, bay or brown, but depending on genes at other color loci, the horse may be buckskin, zebra dun, grullo, perlino, gray, or white.[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]EE[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Only the black factor detected. The horse tested homozygous for black pigment. It cannot have red foals regardless of the color of the mate. The basic color of the horse will be black, bay or brown, but depending on genes at other color loci, the horse may be buckskin, zebra dun, grullo, perlino, gray or white.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Agouti[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]aa[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Only recessive allele detected. Black pigment distributed uniformly. The basic color of the horse will be black in the absence of other modifying genes.[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]Aa[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Horse tested Heterozygous for Agouti. Black pigment distributed in point pattern. The basic color of the horse will be bay or brown in the absence of other modifying genes.[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]AA[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Only dominant allele detected. Black pigment distributed in point pattern. The basic color of the horse will be bay or brown in the absence of other modifying genes.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Cream Dilution[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]CrCr[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Double dilute. Horse tested Homozygous for Cream Dilution (Two copies of the Cream allele). Chestnut is diluted to cremello; bay is diluted to perlino and black is diluted to smoky cream. These colors can be further modified by the actions of other genes.[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]nCr[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Dilute. Horse tested Heterozygous for Cream Dilution (One copy of the Cream allele). Chestnut is diluted to palomino; bay is diluted to buckskin and black is diluted to smoky black. These colors can be further modified by the actions of other genes.[/SIZE][SIZE=8pt]nn[/SIZE]
[SIZE=8pt]Non-dilute. Horse tested negative for Cream Dilution. Basic colors are chestnut, bay, black or brown in the absence of other modifying genes.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

I was hoping he was cremello, because I would love palominos as well.

I am so glad he is double dilute.I also love the prelinos as well.

So does this mean his dam might be prelino and not cremello. His sire is palomino pinto?

thanks

Does this mean his dam might be prelino and not cremello?
default_laugh.png
His dam has had two smokey black(when bred to black), buckskin and him(prelino)

his sire is palomino pinto.

His papers for AMHA and AMHR both say cremello pinto, someone told me that AMHA does not register them as prelino is this true?

So should I put that he is prelino on my site now even though his papers say cremello.what would you do?Can I have the color change on his papers?

thanks

He is perlino, but there is no reason he can have palomino babies.

The results are very simple. He is Perlino. He carries one Black gene and one Red gene. He can produce both Black based foals and Red based foals. He is heterozygous for Agouti. He can produce both Agouti and non Agouti foals. He is homozygous for Cream. All his foals will carry at least one Cream dilute gene.

Depending on what color mares you breed him to, you may get Perlino, Cremello, Smokey Cream, Palomino, Buckskin, Smokey Black, Smokey Silver Black, or Silver Buckskin. You will NOT get any Red foals or Bay foals as he will pass on a Cream gene to dilute the Red to a Palomino and to dilute the Bay to a Buckskin.

I do not know if they will register as a Perlino or not. I have never tried, but have heard they won't.

It does mean his dam HAS to be a Perlino in order to pass the Black gene to him if his sire is a Palomino.

I have a Perlino stallion that I bought early last year (Mar. '07). He is AMHA/AMHR. AMHR had him correctly listed as a Perlino. AMHA had him listed as Cremello- So when I transfered him into my name (just a week after buying him) I asked that they change it to Perlino & they DID. So he's correctly registered under both AMHR & AMHA as a PERLINO.

Very beautiful boy! I LOVE double dilutes & TINY ones! I'm so much in "Love" with my Chance. IF ONLY he were a pinto- but I'm not sure as I didn't test him for tobiano & since I can't physically see his markings, I won't know till I do- don't have any foal pics of him either. He's a Grandson of BOONE'S LITTLE BUCKEROO. His dam is a Buckskin Pinto. He's coming 4 yrs. old & is still only 30". I love him to pieces
default_wub.png

our stud is a pinto, I am so glad.

we hope for a few pintos from him next year as well.
default_yes.gif
you can see his pinto markings in the summer.

DSC02472.jpg
this is not the best picture, but you can see his pinto markings.

030_30.jpg

Latest posts

Back