Restless arm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess P

Reaction score
For the past 4 or 5 days I have had a hard time getting to sleep because my arm is bugging me. It feels like it is Restless Leg Syndrom, because I have gotten it a few times.

It really is uncomfortable. Any ideas on how to make it feel better?
no.gif

Hmmmmm, didn't know that feeling had a real name for it..........

I looked it up and it said to reduce caffeine intake.

I have that in my left leg and now my left arm. My pain doc gave me siezure meds to help "put my nerves to sleep" so I can sleep. If you're having these symptoms frequently, maybe you should talk to a doc about it.

I have had RLS and PN, usually in the legs, sometimes in an arm. Had a cervical fusion done and the arms have stopped. Like MiniMule I take a seizure med, Neurontin ( Gabepentin) for the leg pains. It really helps. I dont ingest too much caffeine, no pops etc, so dont know if that would help.

I dont know of anything herbal or exercise etc, that could help. Just meds. Best of luck! Heather

I tried the Nuerontin but at full dose, all I could do was sleep! They took me off that and put me on Keppra. Not as "sleep inducing". I can still function.

Good luck with this. It's a pain for sure!
no.gif

Would ibruprophin work temporarily? It is bothering me again.

I dont think it will last, it could be in my head, but I would have leg pains once in a while that last a day.

Not sure that would work. The stuff is generally caused by nerve issues. Ibuprofen is for inflammation. Do a search on the internet for RLS. There are some recommendations but no cure.

MIniMule, the prob w/Neurontin is the dosage. Most Drs start you up on the dose they think will work. However you need to gradually step up dose. Otherwise you will sleep all the time, or worse ( nightmares, psychotic episodes, etc) Usually I can get 99% relief on 200mgs, however when I am on Lyme tx and symptoms are at peak, I may get 80% relief at 3600mgs. I need stock in that company LOL

They did start small and slowly increase the dosage. The max dose I took was 2 full tabs a day. Just too much for me!

Take some calcium and magnesium (sp?) It will make a big difference.
yes.gif

Robin

Wow!! I'm on 3 tabs a day and the Dr said I could go up to EIGHT if necessary!! No sleeping problems at all, not even drowsy!! I always though you would need a crowbar to get my Sumatriptan off me, but you will need to shoot me to get the Gabapentin!!! I started on one, built up to three a day over three weeks, and found this held me OK, so stopped there (My Dr's pretty good that way). I had side effects when I started, which was only a few months back, nausea, dizziness and disorientation were the worst, but nothing now. Mind I've not drunk coffee Tea, Coke etc for over 18 years, so that probably helps. I would definitely see your Doctor about this.

Back