Remember Joy from Alaska?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smlotsocats

Reaction score
Joy is doing great! She has a hitch in her git-a-long but she motors around with the others. Here's some pics!

Here is Joy, Cinnamon and my 33 year old AQHA mare grazing in the back yard. Old Granny got tired and decided to take a rest. When Joy first arrived here, Granny took her under her wing as they were stalled next to each other. That old mare loves these little horses and takes great care around them. After Cinnamon came, Cinnamon lay claim on Granny! She is always glued to her side when they are all out. When I let Cinnamon out first, she races to the other barn to get Granny. Joy hangs out with Phoebe more now but also enjoys being turned loose on the property with my AQHA mare, Lil, who is also a "baby" lover and has lived with some of my other mini's, protecting them from all horrors!!! I don't usually condone putting big and little together, especially dwarves like Cinnamon but these two mares are exceptional. Old Granny even gets all excited if she hears a human baby cry! She gets very worried and tries to open her gate to get to a baby of any kind!

100_4831.jpg

Here she is early this summer, a little on the rotund side!! I had her in together with Cinnamon after we moved due to space constrictions and she was getting more than her share of feed. The little horse lives on air! She is now in a stall all her own and on a diet! I feel like I'm starving her! She only gets a handfull of grass hay twice a day and 2 cups of Safe Choice.

100_4305.jpg

Here she is with Cinnamon and Phoebe shortly after Phoebe arrived here.

100_4887.jpg

And here she is the summer after she got here at our old place in the pasture with Granny eating together.

100_2760.jpg

Joy looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing.......

MA

Thank you for the update! :aktion033: Yes, I had wondered about Joy, and how she was doing - she looks VERY happy!!!

Liz R.

Stacy, they are all looking great, you are a wonderful horsie momma.

Ginny

I don't think I remember Joy's story...darn CRS. From Alaska!?

She is such a sweet little thing..I love her colour too!

Stacy...you are full of pics today aren't ya?

Keep 'em coming
default_yes.gif
:

I recognize the flymask brand...it's a Cashel

Well we really like her name since mine is Joy to. Are you sure she is pregnant, in the one pictire she sure looks it.

Pregnant??? No way! Just fat. She has lost a lot of weight the last couple months but now she's a huge fur ball so you can't really tell until you dig down into the hair. There's no way that little mare could carry a foal.

Back