Registration question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Range

Reaction score
Can a horse be registered with either AMHR or AMHA if the height requirement is met, but the parents are either unknown or unregistered? If the horse meets the breed requirements for looks and quality?

They can be hardshipped into AMHA at five years old if they meet the height criteria. I believe they also are inspected.

As Rabbitsfizz says, horses can be "hardshipped" into AMHA, but AMHR doesn't accept hardshipping any more. You would fill out a registration application for hardship and send in the fee, along with a fee for DNA testing, and then arrange for a past or present AMHA Director to inspect and measure your horse.
default_smile.png

But just so you know, the FEE is alot, I'm not even sure but think it's $600 for a mare and $1200 or $1800 or something outrageous for a stallion. Plus if theres no shows around, you have to pay a director to come to your farm or I suppose you could take the horse there, you have to pay all costs. The nearest director to me, or at least it was a yr ago, is two states away. So it's not a cheap thing to do.

I am in the middle of the same dilemma, my money is in, I'm just trying to find a director to do the measuring. The closest one (she's a former director) is near Mobile AL, and I am in Northeast MS. BUT there are directors that travel extensively and one is working with me to arrange a closer inspection site. He thinks that someone will surely be traveling near enough to meet for the measuring.

I expect we'll mangage to get it taken care of without too much trouble.

AMHA folks are very helpful and will bend over backwards for you if you'll just work with them reasonably.

Stacye

I've hardshipped one stallion ($1200) and three mares ($600 each) into AMHA. They've all been worth every penny! My initial investment in these horses was so small, that even with hardshipping, their purchase was cheap!

Back