Registration Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackwater Farm

Reaction score
I recently bought a little mare who came with World Class papers, which from what I hear, don't really hold much weight. My question is that on her papers under her Registry number there is a part that says

OTHER NOS.: AMHA A 166171. Does this mean she is AMHA registered? Thanks ya'll for any help you can give!

HALF PINT SNOW SHAKER - A 166171 - 04/16/2005 - Mare - SCR - DN - RV - 00.000

Well, if her name is Half Pint Snow Shaker, yes. But her papers were revoked -- someone didn't bring her permanent. Odd, because she's already DNA tested, but there are no registered foals.

It shows the "owner" as OWNR - WOODY WRIGHT

If that's who you bought her from, than perhaps you can get the papers and bring her permanent.

Last edited:
That's her! But that is not who I bought her from. What would I have to do to bring her permanent?

You'd have to get the papers from the registered owner, along with a transfer form from him. Woody Wright is also the registered owner of her in AMHR (thanks for looking this up)

AMHR - 279606T HALF PINT SNOW SHAKER

You might first check with who you bought her from to see if they have the transfer papers and just didn't register her with AMHA/AMHR. Sometimes people aren't members and don't bother becoming members to do transfers if they have no plans for the horse.

If not, you could contact AMHA or AMHR for contact information for Woody Wright. He would have to have the certificates (or get duplicates) and complete transfer papers for you. He may charge a fee to do it, as he may have let her go with no papers, so this past owner regsitered her with WC. But if he's willing, you can certainly get her transfered and brought up to date in both registries.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back