Registering with World Class Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Dan

Reaction score
I have a mare and her son (gelding) that currently are not registered. I have always heard of the World Class Miniature Horse Registry. I would love to have these two registered, even though with them being my first, they will always stay on the farm, and i would quite possibly in the future take my mare to a WCMHR show, as she is a great and trained driving horse (if i can get another horse as there are only the two). So my questions are as follows...

-Do i have to have any known background on these horses???

-Is it very expensive???

-Are there any shows around the NY area

-If any one has their horses registered, do you like the registry, does any one show what are the shows like, dose any one know if there are any clubs involved with WCMHR ???

I am planning on checking out their site later, but these are my only questions so far. Thanks in advance
default_biggrin.png

Dan

All of my minis are AMHR registered. Some are also AMHA or ASPC. I have no experience with WCMHR. I do hear that there are some shows with that registry, but I believe they are few and far between. I have not heard a lot of good about the registry and if you wish to sell a horse that is WCMHR registered, most buyers of registered horses will consider that horse unregistered. If I had any unregistered horses and wanted to show them, I would look for county fair shows where registry is not considered and show there.

Wish I had more information for you.

If you do a search on the forum for World Class Registry there are a few threads about it that will tell you all you need to know and it's NOT GOOD.
default_no.gif

IMO "registered" indicates that there is known background on an animal, be it horse, dog, llama, etc.

As Milo said, there is information on WCMHR elsewhere on the LB threads, and as I see it being registered that way doesn't mean much of anything.

If you feel your horses are worth registering, then you can hardship into AMHA (if under 34"). Otherwise, enjoy them as they are, take in some fairs and open shows, and you can increase your herd with registered stock if you truly like to show them.

I was talking to a friend who's also a well respected judge, and she told me that there was a "Fun" show in Ohio that had over 1200 horses attend. So it may be there will be more open/fun shows in the future in your area as well.

Good luck Dan!

If your mini drives, I would suggest getting involved with American Driving Society events, such as pleasure driving shows and Combined Driving events (see the LB Driving forum for more info). Horses do not need to be registered to participate. You minis would be VSEs (Very Small Equines). Some of the best shows are in New York and nearby. The one I went to was in SW Mass.

Thank you for your opinions everyone. I will definatley look for the threads on it.

Targets mom, I will definatley look into it, I think that the driving classes sound very fun with my mare being shes a large boned well muscled mare that does well in a team.

Dan

In my strong opinion, it's not worth spending the money to "register" horses with WCMHR. Many people have tried and not gotten the papers they bought. To the vast majority of miniature horse owners, WCMHR papers are worthless. The only papers that "matter" are AMHR, AMHA, and ASPC (if you're into shetland-minis, as many are). If you search WCMHR or World Class, you'll see most people put no stock in the paperwork.

The only thing those papers let you do is show at their one annual show, which is typically in NC or VA. At one point, since I do live close enough to show at their one "National" (huge over glorification) show, all my minis had papers with them. I got so disgusted w/ my friends paying for papers that never materialized (and what do you call it anyway when someone takes your money and gives you nothing in return?) and how disorganized the business is that I threw away ALL the WCMHR papers I had. Not worth the space in my registration notebook.

To be absolutely clear, WCMHR is a BUSINESS that has not the best reputation. It is not a true registry and is not run by a board of directors. Rather, it is owned by a woman who may or may not have an office assistant. It's no different than if I started a registry and charged people to get a certificate "endorsed" by myself -- other than that if I were paid to get something to you, it would get to you.

That said, the ONLY reason a person needs any papers on a mini is to show them at registry shows or to breed them for registered foals. Plenty of people enjoy minis to the fullest w/o ever needing a sheet of paper.

My advice is just to enjoy and love your horses and don't bother with buying an essentially worthless sheet of paper from WCMHR (assuming they'd even actually send it -- they have been SO bad in the past).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back