Registering questions about AMHR/AMHA and Pinto

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Awkward Artsy

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new to the world of mini's and registered horses. I've only ever owned grade so all the paperwork in new to me. I recently got a buckskin pinto mini back in May that had "temporary" registration papers for both AMHA and AMHR along with a pedigree from when he was a yearling. He's 5 years old now and 36 inches and I would love to show him at some point. Iv'e heard that AMHA (or is it AMHR?) has a a new rule about no more minis over 34"
would he still be eligible to get his registration status re-instated? I have all the appropriate signed paperwork from the last person recorded on the back of his papers. I also want to register him with Pinto as there is only 1 AMHA/AMHR show in my entire state all year. Can i hardship him into Pinto if I can't do anything about the A and R papers?

Hi and Welcome! It's AMHA that you won't be able to register him with. Their height limit is 34". You shouldn't have a problem with AMHR. The height rule is no going over 38". Both registries measure horses at the last mane hair on the withers.
I don't really know the rules for the Pinto registration, but I've heard they are more lenient and there isn't a height rule, I don't think. I would contact them and hopefully someone here can tell you more.

The 34” limitation for AMHA is not new, it is the base height since its inception.

Latest posts

Back