Reece sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiffany, I'm pretty sure ginger was used.
default_sad.png

Were the tail up horses from one farm? I didn't watch.

I'm not saying that is what happened but it makes me wonder.......

I wonder if raised tails bring higher prices?

All I can say is ginger=OUCH!
default_no.gif

I remember at another auction held by Reece's I asked the same thing about the tails and was told ginger was used.

Showing Arabs taught me to never say the "G" word, but that's what it looked like to me. The horses were beautifully presented otherwise; I wonder why they felt it was necessary?

Showing Arabs taught me to never say the "G" word, but that's what it looked like to me. The horses were beautifully presented otherwise; I wonder why they felt it was necessary?
I would *think* that ginger is used to give the appearance of a high tail set and possibly to make the hip look bigger.

I am going to chime in here and say that TO ME it was sad to see the horses heads jerked around. I wish they could be shown naturally. And "IF" they used ginger that is cruel.... and all for MONEY ??
default_no.gif

What bothers me about this sale is more than half were no saled. Some of the bids - IMO - were pretty good for today's market. I'm taking 4 horses to an upcoming sale, and what they bring, they bring.
default_biggrin.png
- Seriously - I would probably not bother bidding on a horse if lot after lot were no saled.

GINGER??? This been outlawed in the big horse world. Do we as reputable miniature horse owners, sellers, and breeders have to outlaw it also to not have it used? Come on people, is the high tailset worth the pain you are causing??
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have wondered the same thing as ruffian.

If every horse is going to be pulled as a "no sale", then why would these buyers continue to even bother going and bidding? I thought that most of the "no sale" prices were very reasonable. I know that those farms probably want more but they have to take todays market into consideration. Some horses just as nice can be found for less than these "no sale" prices. I can't imagine the frusteration as a bidder to get the highest bid and then be constantly told that it is not enough!

I was glad to see someone mention the high tail thing. I wondered about it too but hesitated to mention it. I also thought some of the handlers seemed to be jerking them around too much. Guess it's easy to sit on the side lines and be critical but what ya see is what ya see.

I assume gingering is illegal for minis in the show ring, but nothing governing what goes on in the sale barn - I think it's SOP for the big sales. Looks downright silly when it's overdone and the horse is just irritated.

Jan

I didn't watch the sale, but from what I saw on the lot list about the prices/no sales...I was sitting there thinking the same asa few of you with the no sales....In today's market I thought most of the bids that were no saled were more than fair. Why have a sale ( or bring a horse for consignment) if you aren't willing to go with a reasonable price??
default_unsure.png

As far as the "ginger" thing...ouch!
default_new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back