Red/indented line on hoof?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foster Woods Miniatures

Reaction score
My yearling gelding has a redish line on his back hooves, one on the left is more thick than the one on the right? He doesnt seem to have any pain, and also doesnt have any other problems, is this something minor or something more serious.

Thanks.

I am guessing his hooves are white? If so, keep an eye on them,but it is not uncommon for white hooves to show bruising at times. Minis seem more prone to visible bruises, I would guess, due to the nature of their hoof wall being thinner than their full size counterparts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am guessing his hooves are white? If so, keep an eye in them,but it is not uncommon for wite hooves to show bruising at times. Minis seem more prone to visible bruises, I would guess, due to the nature of their hoof wall being thinner than their full size counterparts.
yes his hooves are lighter color. Thanks!

I had a pinto with this very prominant on his hooves. He was rather inclined to be heavy; I worked hard to keep his weight down. He always had good feet with never a problem; the farrier wasn't too concerned about it.

Latest posts

Back