Rainbow Dash

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor girl, I expect she is feeling uncomfortable with that big tummy to 'position' every time she tries to get some sleep!!
default_wub.png

Just checked on her but think she must be out taking a stroll round her estate making sure everything is in order??

LOL - thanks! TNT Hay Sales is donating all of the bedding for the pregnant mares and for our dear Magpie as well. (Not sure if I mentioned that in this thread or not yet.) I had to figure out how to make the sign viewable as it is pitch-black in there! I figured that since her eyes glowed, I just needed some kind of reflective material - and it sure worked! It looks neon!

Dash is doing very well. Her bag is not getting bigger, but it is changing. I don't know if she'll foal this month or not, but she had better go in March, if not sooner! LOL
wacko.gif

Anna, on sunny days, she get to go in with her dam and sister for part of the day. It's nice for her to have some time with them without the fence in between. The shelter is not big enough in that pen for all of them though. They aren't allowed in her pen unless I'm stripping the stall that day anyways, because they make a point of peeing in there! LOL
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW the sale looks brilliant great job!!

and how lovely for TNT to do such a generous donation!!

Thankyou TNT from all of us! 6:46pm and Dash is eating her dinner
default_wub.png
gorgeous young mumma girl!

Wow, your sign really shows up.

That's so awesome that TNT hay sales has donated bedding for the mares.

Your sign is awesome! Gives me the idea to make a Filly/Colt sign
wink.gif
Dash is laying sternal quietly.
wub.gif

Dash snoozing quietly in her stable (love the sign too!) - her tummy looks really big from this angle!

She is so cute!! I will be going through this for the first time in a couple months. I am learning so much here

Good luck to you!!!
default_smile.png

Becky

Hi Becky and welcome the the nut house. We will want a post for your girl soon
default_smile.png

So, you'll be seeing Dash's dam and sister in the camera's range today. It is a BEAUTIFUL sunny day, so the gates are all open between their areas.

:D

Ok, so what's going on with Dash?

[i don't get to the cameras often, so thought I'd ask.]

Hiya! Sorry... I think my computer boycotted the forum change, so I've just made my way back now! LOL

Dash is doing well.... still spherical. Our vet is thinking April now, judging by udder changes... or lack thereof. The first guess (by a different vet) of January, was obviously a bit off! LOL

I'll post more once she shows new signs! :D

Okay... looks like we're finally getting close! I expect Dash to foal anywhere from tonight to two weeks from now. LOL... but that is relatively soon!

We finally had a day at 20 degrees! Dash got a bath, along with her sister Twilight. She is now clean as a whistle! No more nasty lice powder or anything to bother the foal!

DSC03107.jpg

Snapped a booby-shot while I was at it...

DSC03110.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow looking good
default_smile.png

when you say 20 degrees do you mean faranheight or celcius?? just wondering lol maybe another week and you will see her gorgeous little baby! YAY 10:52pm she is grazing her stable
default_smile.png

12.25 am and all is quiet, last night she was very restless so lets hope she will go soon. I can't wait to see this little one. Well done for the wash day, she looks wonderful.

LOL... we're in Canada, so celcius! It was t-shirt weather! I think that's around seventy.
yay another celius girl! lol I'm from Australia and we are in celcius I get so confused with all this farenheight stuff LOL

how hot does it get where you are at?

its about 13 degrees here tonight brrr and will probably drop further, still lol first real cold night of autumn but winter is still to come...
default_smile.png
bring on the ski season hehe

glad your getting some warmer weather, though 17 degrees is not really that warm for us LOL I would still be in a jumper and trackies hehe

It was 3.5° here this morning, now that is bbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

yay another celius girl! lol I'm from Australia and we are in celcius I get so confused with all this farenheight stuff LOL

how hot does it get where you are at?

its about 13 degrees here tonight brrr and will probably drop further, still lol first real cold night of autumn but winter is still to come...
default_smile.png
bring on the ski season hehe

glad your getting some warmer weather, though 17 degrees is not really that warm for us LOL I would still be in a jumper and trackies hehe
LOL... even 13 degrees is a nice, spring day here, though I wouldn't bath a horse at that temperature.

We usually get a week or two of low 30's in the summer, but mostly it's mid-20's. For cold in this area, we can get a week or two of deep freezing, -10 to -20 with wind chill, but we're usually sitting right within three degrees of zero. Spring and fall are randomly in between those. We rarely get snow here, I'm in southern BC.

I spent about five weeks in Western Australia when I was 16. It got up to 44 degrees when I was at my friend's ranch... crazy hot!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back